Our application season begins in September when residency programs can access the ERAS database for applications.
We encourage you to apply early as we review significantly more applications than we can invite to interview. We are committed to thoughtfully reviewing candidates' applications over time as part of a rolling invitations system. The application deadline is December 31
Interviews are conducted four days per week beginning the first week in November and continuing through the end of January. Our interview process is individualized and we limit the number of candidates per day.
Please tell us…
- If you have specific early career interests or other early focus areas (specific pediatric subspecialties, future practice goals, advocacy, global health, quality improvement, etc.)
- If you are interested in the American Board of Pediatrics alternative research pathways
- If you need travel advice, including about DFW airport, Love Field airport, or DART
Frequently Asked Questions
- USMLE Scores – All applications are reviewed regardless of score, but competitive scores increase likelihood of extending an invitation to interview
- Step 1 is required to apply; Step 2 is required to match
- Year of Graduation - no requirement
- Three letters of recommendation required
- Consistent with Dallas’ increasingly cosmopolitan population and culture, and international air hubs, we accept and welcome highly qualified foreign medical graduates on J-1 visas with ECFMG certification per UT Southwestern University Policy.
Visiting Medical Students
If you are a medical student interested in an elective experience at UT Southwestern/Children’s Health, please see the following website for information on applying.