Contact Emergency Department/ER
- The Children’s Health Emergency Department/ER is located in a dedicated, state-of-the-art facility.
- The Children’s Health Referral Care Center provides urgent care integrated with a full-service pediatric hospital and emergency services.
- The Children’s Health Referral Care Center at Plano Emergency Department/ER provides 24-hour coverage in a 16-bed department.
Why Children's Health℠?
Children's Health Board-certified pediatric emergency medicine specialists staff the Emergency Department/ER 24 hours a day. Staff pediatric specialists from multiple disciplines remain on call and are available as needed.
The Children’s Health Dallas Emergency Department/ER is the pediatric trauma center for Dallas County.
Medical staff physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists and support staff have specialized training and extensive clinical experience in treating acute and complex cases.
To refer a patient, physicians and health professionals can contact a referral nurse coordinator directly by calling the Access Center at 1-888-730-DOCS.
The referral nurse uses established criteria to direct patients to the appropriate care facility, such as the Emergency Department/ER or the Referral Care Center
The referral coordinator ensures the appropriate exchange of information before and after the patient’s visit.
When referring a patient, please provide the following:
- Patient’s name and date of birth
- Pertinent information regarding patient’s symptoms or condition
- Referring and/or primary care physician’s name
- Contact phone number and/or fax number
Comprehensive emergent and urgent care is available for infants, children and adolescents, including
- Critically ill and injured children
- All emergent conditions
- Non-urgent conditions in the adjacent First Care facility
- Subspecialty resources available 24 hours a day
- Transport services available when needed for rapid patient transfer to and from other healthcare facilities
The Emergency Center team includes:
- Dedicated clinical pharmacists
- Respiratory therapists
- Social workers
- Child life specialists