The Daisy Award
The DAISY (Diseases Attacking the Immune System) Award for Extraordinary Nurses honors the superhuman work nurses do for patients and families every day. At Children’s, the award recognizes nurses who show professional nursing excellence through clinical expertise at the bedside or behind the scenes, extraordinary service or compassionate care. Nominees also must meet all of the following criteria:
- Integrity – Honest and ethical
- Compassion – Embraces the total person
- Accountability – Follows through
- Respect – Treats others with worth, dignity and value
- Excellence – Strives to be the best
Patients, families, colleagues, doctors and staff can nominate nurses for the DAISY Award. For more information visit The DAISY Foundation.