A Place of Distinction
Our successes and achievements, won through the dedication of our exceptional nurses, doctors, and staff, have not gone unnoticed. Among the national recognition and awards we’ve received are the following:
- U.S. News & World Report consistently names Children’s Medical Center Dallas one of the top pediatric hospitals nationally in the “Best Children’s Hospitals” survey. In 2016-2017, Children’s Medical Center Dallas was ranked in all 10 specialties: Orthopaedics, Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, Nephrology, Cardiology & Heart Surgery, Urology, Cancer, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Pulmonology, Diabetes & Endocrinology, and Neonatology.
- In 2016, Children’s Health was named to Hospitals & Health Networks Most Wired for the tenth time in the last 12 years. Most Wired recognizes information technology adoption in U.S. hospitals and health systems. For the second year in a row, Children’s Health achieved Most Wired “advanced” status. Children’s Health is the only health system in Texas named to the list.
- Children’s Health was again named to the InformationWeek Elite100 in 2016.
- Children’s Medical Center Dallas received U.S. News & World Report’s Most Connected Hospitals 2015-2016, recognizing hospitals whose excellence in patient safety, patient engagement, and clinical connectedness improved patient care.
- All eight disease-specific programs are certified by The Joint Commission, the nation’s predominant standard-setting accrediting and certifying regulatory body in health care.
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program: Children’s Medical Center Dallas and Children’s Medical Center Plano have maintained Magnet designation since 2009, recognizing quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing practices.
- Named for five consecutive years as one of the “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” by Becker’s Hospital Review based on benefits, wellness initiatives, commitment to diversity and inclusion, professional development opportunities, and work environments that promotes employee collaboration and satisfaction.
- Texas Covered Entity Privacy and Security Certification: Children’s Medical Center Dallas is the first hospital in Texas to receive this certification by the Texas Health Services Authority (THSA) and the Health Information Trust Alliance (HITRUST).
- The WorldatWork Alliance for Work-Life Progress recognized Children’s Health for demonstrating leadership in workplace strategies and practices to help employees achieve success in work-life effectiveness.
- Becker’s Hospital Reviews recognized Children’s Health as one of the top 50 greenest hospitals in America. As of July 2016, one fourth of electricity use is backed by renewable energy credits, equivalent to removing more than 16 million pounds per year of carbon dioxide from nature.
- Becker’s Hospital Review recognized the Children's Health Virtual Health and Innovation program as one of the 50 hospitals with innovation programs due to the goal to invest and partner with companies, technologies and organizations on care delivery.
- The Texas Association of Healthcare Interpreters & Translators (TAHIT) recognized Children’s Health for the Teas Star in Language Access Award as an organization that demonstrates a tremendous difference through translation and interpreter efforts.
- The Children’s Health Transport team was named the 2016 Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Crew of the Year by EMS for Children for displaying outstanding care for a child in an emergency medical or trauma event.
- Dallas Business Journal named Children’s Health in their annual “Best Places to Work” list in the extra large category.
Much has changed since 1913, but our mission remains the same: To make life better for children. We’re driven to continue to honor the trust parents place in us and work harder each day to expand the knowledge of pediatric illnesses, develop the best possible treatments, and deliver exceptional, compassionate care to the region’s children.