Sarah Deitrick Blumenschein, MD Associate Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
UTSW Physician Practicing at Children's Health
Sarah D. Blumenschein, M.D., is a cardiologist at Children’s Health℠ and a clinical associate professor of pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
After receiving her medical degree from Cornell University Medical College, Dr. Blumenschein completed a cardiology fellowship at Duke University Medical Hospital.
Dr. Blumenschein’s clinical interests include the diagnosis and treatment of children with familial lipid disorders. Her research interests include obesity and hyperlipidemia.
She has been named a Texas Super Doctor by Texas Monthly magazine.
Education and Training
Medical SchoolWeill Cornell Medical College (1964)
InternshipNew York Cy Hlth Hspitals Corp (1965), Pediatrics
ResidencyJohns Hopkins Health Plan (1966), Pediatrics
FellowshipDuke University (1969), Pediatric Cardiology
Research & Publications
- Cyanotic Congenital Heart Disease and Neonatal Polycythemia., Blumenschein, S.D. In: Essential of Pediatric Intensive Care 2nd Ed. edited by Levin & Morriss 1997 211-219
- Nutrition in cardiac disease., Blumenschein, S.D. In: Lorenzen EJ (ed) Dietary Guidelines, Texas Children's Hospital 1985
- Medical management of infants with atrial septal defect- ventricular septal defect., Idriss, F.S., Paul, MlH. and Blumenschein, S.D. 1972
- Quantitative Frank vectorcardiograms of normal children and a comparison to those of patients with atrial defects., Blumenschein, S.D., Barr, R.C., Spach, M.S. and Gentzler, R.C. Am Heart J 1972 83(3) 382-399
- Early repair of ventricular septal defect in infants and young children., Idriss, F.S., Nikaidoh, H., Paul, M.H., Blumenschein, S.D. and Riker, W.L. Arch Surg 1971 103 265
Professional Associations and Affiliations
- Arlington Pediatric Society
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Sigma XI Science Honor Society
- Tarrant County Medical Society
- Texas Pediatric Society