Ryan Alan Stewart, M.D., is a pediatric endocrinologist at Children’s Health℠. Dr. Stewart is also an assistant professor of pediatric endocrinology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He earned his medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical School and completed his pediatric residency and his pediatric endocrine fellowship at Children’s Health/UT Southwestern Medical Center.
His clinical interests thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer in addition to endocrinology in general.
Dr. Stewart is a member of American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), and Pediatric Endocrine Society (PES).
When asked why he chose medicine as a profession, Dr. Stewart said, “I went into medicine to take care of patients. I enjoy seeing the improvement in patients’ conditions that I treat, and the positive feedback I hear from their families.”
Dr. Stewart enjoys his free time volunteering for activities through his church.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2004)
- Children's Medical Center Dallas (2005), Pediatrics
- Children's Medical Center Dallas (2007), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (HR) (2010), Pediatric Endocrinology
- Board Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics/Endocrinology
- Metabolism in Drosophila as it pertains to lipodystrophy and how it pertains to human disease
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- American Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Endocrine Society
- Texas Medical Association
Awards and Honors
- Magna Cum Laude, Texas A&M University (1991)