Ryan Stewart, M.D., Pediatric Endocrinologist at Children’s Health℠ and Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern, leads our thyroid cancer program and treats other conditions that affect the thyroid.
His philosophy is to use a team approach to treat thyroid cancer. That's why he regularly meets with other experts including oncologists, radiologists and surgeons to create individualized treatment plans that give kids the best chance of a healthy outcome.
Dr. Stewart earned his medical degree from UT Southwestern and completed his pediatric residency and his pediatric endocrine fellowship at Children’s Health/UT Southwestern.
Dr. Stewart is a member of the American Thyroid Association and the Pediatric Endocrine Society.
In his spare time, he enjoys volunteering with his church, coaching his daughters in their sports activities, and keeping up with technology.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2004)
- Children's Medical Center Dallas (2005), Pediatrics
- Children's Medical Center Dallas (2007), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (HR) (2010), Pediatric Endocrinology
- Board Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics/Endocrinology
- Metabolism in Drosophila as it pertains to lipodystrophy and how it pertains to human disease
- Thyroid nodules
- Thyroid cancer
- Precision pulsed I-V system for accurate GaAs device I-V plane characterization S. Pritchett; R. Stewart; J. Mason; G. Brehm; D. Christie Microwave Symposium Digest, 1994., IEEE MTT-S International 1994 3 1353-1356
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- American Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Endocrine Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Pediatric Endocrine Society (PES) (2014)
Awards and Honors
- D Magazine Best Pediatric Specialist, (2017-2018, 2020)
- Magna Cum Laude, Texas A&M University 1991
This provider may offer virtual appointments. Please review our Virtual Visit Specialty Clinics page for instructions on setting up a visit.