Rustin Morse, MD Chief Quality Officer at Children's Health
UTSW Physician Practicing at Children's Health
Rustin Morse, M.D., is the vice president of quality and an emergency medicine physician at Children’s Health℠.
Dr. Morse received his bachelor’s degree from the State University of New York at Oswego and his medical degree from the State University of New York – Upstate Medical Center. He then completed his pediatric residency at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh and a pediatric emergency medicine fellowship at Children’s Memorial Hospital in Chicago.
In addition to his administrative responsibilities, Dr. Morse continues to practice pediatric emergency medicine and participate in research initiatives evaluating quality measurement, improvement methodologies and patient safety.
Education and Training
Medical SchoolState University of New York (SUNY) at Syracuse (1995)
ResidencyChildrens Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC (1998), Pediatrics
FellowshipNorthwestern University / McGraw Med Ctr GME (2001), Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Graduate SchoolUniversity of Southern California (2012)
Research & Publications
- Health Services Research
- Patient Safety
- Quality Improvement
- Quality Measurement
- Children's Hospitals with Shorter Lengths of Stay Do Not Have Higher Readmission Rates., Morse RB, Hall M, Fieldston ES, Goodman DM, Berry JG, Gay JC, Sills MR, Srivastava R, Frank G, Hain PD, Shah SS J. Pediatr. 2013 May
- Hospital-level compliance with asthma care quality measures at children's hospitals and subsequent asthma-related outcomes., Morse RB, Hall M, Fieldston ES, McGwire G, Anspacher M, Sills MR, Williams K, Oyemwense N, Mann KJ, Simon HK, Shah SS JAMA 2011 Oct 306 13 1454-60
- Rates and Impact of Potentially Preventable Readmissions at Children's Hospitals., Gay JC, Agrawal R, Auger KA, Del Beccaro MA, Eghtesady P, Fieldston ES, Golias J, Hain PD, McClead R, Morse RB, Neuman MI, Simon HK, Tejedor-Sojo J, Teufel RJ, Harris JM, Shah SS J. Pediatr. 2014 Dec
- Asthma Care Quality Measures at Children's Hospitals and Asthma-Related Outcomes.
- Subramony A, Hall M, Thomas C, Chiang VW, McClead RE, Macias CG, Frank G, Simon HK, Mann K, Morse R J Healthc Qual 2014 Aug