Matthias Peltz, MD $$
Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Languages Spoken:
Matthias Peltz, M.D., is a cardiothoracic surgeon at Children’s Health℠.
Dr. Peltz completed medical school and all of his postgraduate training at UT Southwestern Medical Center, including residencies in general and thoracic surgery, as well as a research fellowship through the National Institutes of Health.
Dr. Peltz is certified by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery, and he is a member of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, American Heart Association, European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, Texas Transplantation Society, International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation, American Society for Artificial Internal Organs, Texas Medical Association, Dallas County Medical Society and Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society.
Dr. Peltz was born in Germany and grew up in El Paso. He enjoys traveling and spending time with his wife and two children. He also is a big fan of soccer, which he played on the collegiate, semi-pro and professional level.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (1999)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (HR) (2000), General Surgery
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (HR) (2009), Cardiothoracic Surgery
UT Southwestern Medical Center (HR) (2006), General Surgery
UT Southwestern Medical Center (HR) (2002), General Surgery
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (HR) (2004), Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Board Certification
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery
Departments and Programs
- Heart, Lung, and Perfusion Preservation
- Lung Metabolism
- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
- Myocardial Metabolism
- Perfusion preservation versus static preservation for cardiac transplantation: effects on myocardial function and metabolism, Rosenbaum DH, Peltz M, DiMaio JM, Meyer DM, Wait MA, Merritt ME, Ring WS, Jessen ME J Heart & Lung Transplantation January 2008 27 (1) 93-99
- Organ Donation and Management of the Organ Donor, Peltz M Parkland Trauma Handbook, 3rd edition, Mosby 2008 Chapter 57
- Myocardial perfusion characteristics during machine perfusion for heart transplantation, Peltz,M, Cobert ML, Rosenbaum DH, West LM, Jessen ME Surgery 2008 144 225-232
- Benefits of perfusion preservation in canine hearts stored for short intervals, Rosenbaum DH, Peltz M, Merritt ME, Thatcher JE, Sasaki H, Jessen ME J of Surgical Research 2007 104 243-249
- Effect of pyruvate and HEPES on pulmonary allograft acidosis and cell death after long-term storage., Peltz M, HE TT, Adams GA, Chao RY, Jessen ME, Meyer DM J Am College of Surgeons 2004 199 (3S) S31