Lisa Chi Heistein, MD Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
UTSW Physician Practicing at Children's Health
Lisa C. Heistein, M.D., is a cardiologist at Children’s Health℠ who specializes in echocardiography. She is also an assistant professor of pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
After earning her medical degree from the Ohio State University College of Medicine, Dr. Heistein completed a cardiology fellowship at Children’s Medical Center and UT Southwestern, where she later received advanced training in echocardiography.
Dr Heistein’s clinical interests include echocardiography and fetal echocardiography.
Education and Training
Medical SchoolOhio State University College of Medicine (1998)
ResidencyOhio State University Hospitals (2001), Pediatrics
FellowshipUT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2006), Echocardiography
UT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2005), Pediatric Cardiology
Conditions & Treatments
Research & Publications
- fetal echocardiography
- pediatric echocardiography
- Left ventricular function and response to enalapril in patients with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy during the second decade of life, Ramaciotti C, Heistein LC, Coursey M, Lemler MS, Eapen RS, Iannaccone S, Scott WA American Journal of Cardiology 2006 98(6) 825-7
- Chloral hydrate sedation for pediatric echocardiography: physiologic responses, adverse events, and risk factors., Heistein LC, Ramaciotti C, Scott WA, Coursey M, Sheeran PW, Lemler MS Pediatrics 2006 117(3) e1-8
- Oxygen supplementation is helpful for the echocardiographic detection of anomalous left coronary artery from the pulmonary artery., Blanco VM, Blalock SE, Ramaciotti C, Lemler M, Heistein L, Moore J, Ikemba CM J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2010 23 1099-102.
- Aspirin resistance in children with heart disease at risk for thromboembolism: prevalence and possible mechanisms, Heistein LC, Scott WA, Zellers TM, Fixler DE, Ramaciotti C, Journeycake JM, Lemler MS Pediatr Cardiol 2008 29(2) 285-291
Professional Associations and Affiliations
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- American Society of Echocardiography