Jennifer Hernandez, M.D., is a pediatric anesthesiologist at Children’s Health℠ who specializes in caring for children undergoing heart surgery or interventional cardiology procedures.
Dr. Hernandez earned her medical degree at Georgetown University School of Medicine. She completed her residency in anesthesiology at the University of Pennsylvania and her fellowship in pediatric cardiac anesthesiology at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
“I love interacting with patients and their families, helping them feel comfortable with their care,” says Dr. Hernandez. “I can speak both English and Spanish which helps some families who may feel more comfortable with Spanish. It is critical to me that my patients and families understand what to expect and the treatment plan.”
Dr. Hernandez participates in research to help improve children’s safety and the quality of their care. She is a member of the advanced interventional cardiac magnetic resonance (ICMR) team at Children’s Health, performing diagnostic and interventional heart procedures without the use of radiation.
In her free time, Dr. Hernandez enjoys spending time with her family, traveling and playing team sports.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- Georgetown University School of Medicine (2008)
- University of Pennsylvania Medical Center (2009), Anesthesiology
- University of Pennsylvania Medical Center (2012), Anesthesiology/Critical Care
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2013), Pediatric Anesthesiology
- Board Certification
- American Board of Anesthesiology(Pediatric Anesthesiology)