Ilana J. Zeltser, MD Associate Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
UTSW Physician Practicing at Children's Health
Ilana Zeltser, M.D., is a cardiologist at Children’s Health℠ who specializes in electrophysiology. She is also an associate professor of pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Zeltser earned her medical degree from New York University School of Medicine and completed a cardiology fellowship at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, where she also received advanced training in electrophysiology.
In addition to several other projects, Dr. Zeltser is working on the development of an instrument to measure the experience of adolescents using implantable cardioverter defibrillators.
Education and Training
Medical SchoolNew York University School of Medicine (1997)
InternshipMount Sinai Hospital (1998), Pediatrics
ResidencyMount Sinai Hospital (2000), Pediatrics
FellowshipChildren's Hospital of Philadelphia (2004), Pediatric Cardiac Electrophysi
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2003), Pediatric Cardiology
Research & Publications
- Post-pericardiotomy Syndrome Following Placement of Permanent Pacemakers in Children
- Tricuspid Regurgitation in the Fetus
- Use of Implantable Cadiac Defibrillator (ICD) as Primary Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death in Children and Young Adults
- Ventricular Arrhythmias following the Ross procedure: Long Term Follow-up
- Managed ventricular pacing in pediatric patients and patient with congenital heart disease, Kaltman J, Ro P, Zimmerman F, Moak J, Epstein M, Zeltser I, et al Am J Cardiol 2008 102 875-878
- Genetic factors are important determinants of neurodevelopmental outcome after repair of tetralogy of Fallot, Zeltser I, Jarvik GP, Bernbaum J, Gerdes M, Weinvsky G, Zackai E, et al. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2008 135 91-7
- Substrate characterization of ventricular tachycardia in a porcine model of tetralogy of Fallot using noncontact mapping, Kaltman JR, Gillespie MJ, Seymour T, Khan A, Zeltser I, et al Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 2007 30 1316-22
- The roles of chronic pressure and volume overload states in induction of arrhythmias: an animal model of physiologic sequelae after repair of tetralogy of Fallot., Zeltser I, Gaynor JW, Petko M, Myung RJ, Birbach M, Waibel R, Ittenbach RF, Tanel RE, Vetter VL, Thodes LA J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2005 130 1542-1548
- Impact of re-coarctation following the Norwood operation on survival in the balloon angioplasty era., Zeltser I, Menteer J, Gaynor JW, Spray TL, Clark BJ, Kreutzer J, Rome JJ. J Am Coll Cardiol 2005 45 1844-1848
Awards & Honors
- AHA Post-doctural Research Fellowship Award - Etiologies of Arrhythmias following repair of Tetraology of Fallot (TOF): Chronic Volume versus Pressure Overload (0)