Ilana Zeltser, M.D., is a cardiologist at Children’s Health℠ who specializes in electrophysiology. She is also an associate professor of pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Zeltser earned her medical degree from New York University School of Medicine and completed a cardiology fellowship at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, where she also received advanced training in electrophysiology.
In addition to several other projects, Dr. Zeltser is working on the development of an instrument to measure the experience of adolescents using implantable cardioverter defibrillators.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- New York University School of Medicine (1997)
- Mount Sinai Medical Center (1998), Pediatrics
- Mount Sinai Medical Center (2000), Pediatrics
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2004), Pediatric Cardiac Electrophysi
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2003), Pediatric Cardiology
- Board Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics/Pediatric Cardiology
Departments and Programs
- Post-pericardiotomy Syndrome Following Placement of Permanent Pacemakers in Children
- Tricuspid Regurgitation in the Fetus
- Use of Implantable Cardiac Defibrillator (ICD) as Primary Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death in Children and Young Adults
- Ventricular Arrhythmias following the Ross procedure: Long Term Follow-up
- Vetter V, ed. Pediatric Cardiology: The Requisites in Pediatrics. Zeltser I, Tabbutt S.(Ed.) (2006), Mosby; 31-50.
- Shah M, Rhodes L, Kaltman J, eds. Cardiac Pacing and Defibrillation in Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease. Batra AS, Zeltser I.(Ed.) (2017), Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons Ltd; 195-208.
- Response to commentary: Anomalous origin of the left pulmonary artery from the internal carotid artery. Thankavel PP, Martho LC, Zeltser I Cardiology in the young 2015 Oct 1-2
- Anomalous left pulmonary artery origin from internal carotid artery: prospective echocardiographic diagnosis of a previously unknown variant. Thankavel PP, Martho LC, Zeltser I Cardiology in the young 2015 Mar 1-4
- Temporary Atrial Pacing for Cardiac Output After Pediatric Cardiac Surgery. Barker GM, Affolter J, Saenz J, Cox CS, Forbess JM, Scott WA, Zeltser I Pediatric cardiology 2013 Mar
- Lessons learned from preparticipation cardiovascular screening in a state funded program. Zeltser I, Cannon B, Silvana L, Fenrich A, George J, Schleifer J, Garcia M, Barnes A, Rivenes S, Patt H, Rodgers G, Scott W The American journal of cardiology 2012 Sep 110 6 902-8
- Relation of right ventricular pacing site to left ventricular mechanical synchrony. Verma AJ, Lemler MS, Zeltser IJ, Scott WA The American journal of cardiology 2010 Sep 106 6 806-9
- Managed ventricular pacing in pediatric patients and patient with congenital heart disease, Kaltman J, Ro P, Zimmerman F, Moak J, Epstein M, Zeltser I, et al Am J Cardiol 2008 102 875-878
- Genetic factors are important determinants of neurodevelopmental outcome after repair of tetralogy of Fallot, Zeltser I, Jarvik GP, Bernbaum J, Gerdes M, Weinvsky G, Zackai E, et al. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2008 135 91-7
- Substrate characterization of ventricular tachycardia in a porcine model of tetralogy of Fallot using noncontact mapping, Kaltman JR, Gillespie MJ, Seymour T, Khan A, Zeltser I, et al Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 2007 30 1316-22
- Impact of re-coarctation following the Norwood operation on survival in the balloon angioplasty era. Zeltser I, Menteer J, Gaynor JW, Spray TL, Clark BJ, Kreutzer J, Rome JJ Journal of the American College of Cardiology 2005 Jun 45 11 1844-8
- The roles of chronic pressure and volume overload states in induction of arrhythmias: an animal model of physiologic sequelae after repair of tetralogy of Fallot., Zeltser I, Gaynor JW, Petko M, Myung RJ, Birbach M, Waibel R, Ittenbach RF, Tanel RE, Vetter VL, Thodes LA J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2005 130 1542-1548
- Impact of re-coarctation following the Norwood operation on survival in the balloon angioplasty era., Zeltser I, Menteer J, Gaynor JW, Spray TL, Clark BJ, Kreutzer J, Rome JJ. J Am Coll Cardiol 2005 45 1844-1848
- Postpericardiotomy syndrome after permanent pacemaker implantation in children and young adults. Zeltser I, Rhodes LA, Tanel RE, Vetter VL, Gaynor JW, Spray TL, Cohen MI The Annals of thoracic surgery 2004 Nov 78 5 1684-7
- Midaortic syndrome in the fetus and premature newborn: a new etiology of nonimmune hydrops fetalis and reversible fetal cardiomyopathy. Zeltser I, Parness IA, Ko H, Holzman IR, Kamenir SA Pediatrics 2003 Jun 111 6 Pt 1 1437-42
- Pediatric Electrophysiology Society (2004)
- Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology (2004)
- Heart Rhythm Society (2004)
- American Heart Association (2004)
Awards and Honors
- AHA Post-doctoral Research Fellowship Award - Etiologies of Arrhythmias following repair of Tetralogy of Fallot (TOF): Chronic Volume versus Pressure Overload (0)
- Outstanding Resident Teaching Award 2000, Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Award 2003, American Heart Association
- Frank S. and Mary Jane Ryburn Cardiology Clinical Research Award 2006-2007, Children's Medical Center, Dallas, TX