Heidi Tewich Jacobe, MD Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
UTSW Physician Practicing at Children's Health
Heidi Jacobe, M.D., MSCS, is a pediatric dermatologist at Children’s Health℠. Dr. Jacobe is also director of the phototherapy unit at UT Southwestern Medical School, where she is expanding her interests using wavelengths of light in the treatment of psoriasis.
She earned her medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine and completed her residency at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Her areas of interest in clinical and research include morphea, systemic sclerosis, and other sclerosing skin conditions.
Dr. Jacobe is a member of the Scleroderma Foundation Medical Advisory Committee, and a member of the Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Research Alliance (CARRA).
“I enjoy helping patients better understand their disorders and what to expect from treatment,” she says.
She enjoys her leisure time traveling and spending time with family.
Education and Training
Medical SchoolBaylor College of Medicine (1996)
InternshipBaylor College of Medicine (1997), Internal Medicine
ResidencyUT Southwestern Medical Center (HR) (2000), Dermatology
Research & Publications
- Morphea/localized Scleroderma
- UVAI Phototherapy
- "This study supports a treatment regimen for patients with morphea that is easily adopted by..." of: [Torok KS, Arkachaisri T. Methotrexate and corticosteroids in the treatment of localized scleroderma: a standardized prospective longitudinal single-center study. J Rheumatol. 2012 Feb; 39(2):286-94; doi: 10.3899/jrheum.110210]., Vasquez R, Jacobe H Faculty of 1000 2012 F1000.com/715898011#eval791402833
- Morphea and other localized forms of scleroderma, Vasquez R, Sendejo C, Jacobe H Curr Opin Rheumatol 2012 (in press)
- "Schanz et al. aimed to define the frequency of musculoskeletal involvement via magnetic resonance imaging..." of: [Schanz S et al. Localized scleroderma: MR findings and clinical features. Radiology. 2011 Sep; 260(3):817-24; doi: 10.1148/radiol.11102136], Kim A, Jacobe H Faculty of 1000 2012 F1000.com/717952390#eval793457915
- Do automated text messages increase adherence to acne therapy: Results of a randomized, controlled trial, Vasquez R, Jacobe H J Am Acad Dermatol 2012 DOI: dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jaad.2012.02.031 [Epub ahead of print].
Professional Associations and Affiliations
- Dermatology Foundation (2013-2015)
- American Academy of Dermatology (2010-2014)
- Childhood Arthritis & Rheumatology Research Alliance (CARRA) (2010-2012)
- Scleroderma Foundation (2009)
- Medical Dermatology Society (2008)
- National Psoriasis Foundation (2008)
- Skin Cancer Foundation (2007)
- Photomedicine Society (2005)
- Society for Investigative Dermatology (2005)
- Dallas Dermatologic Society (2002)
- American Medical Association - 2000-Present (2000)
- Dermatology Teachers Exchange Group (2000)
Awards & Honors
- Best Doctors in America (2012)
- Faculty of 1000 - Reviewer (2012)
- Who's Who in America (2010)
- North American Rheumatologic Disorders of the Skin Committee Member - Medical Dermatology Society (2008)
- Phototherapy Task Force Member - National Psoriasis Foundation (2008)
- Secretary-Treasurer - Photomedicine Society (2008)
- Deans Scholar - Clinical Scholars Program candidate for Master in Clinical Science with Distinction (2006)
- Teacher of the Year - Voted on by the residents in Dermatology (2004)
- University of Texas Plan II Honors Program, Austin, TX - Graduate with Special Honors (1992)