$$ Ashish Sudhir Patel, MD Associate Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
UTSW Physician Practicing at Children's Health
Ashish S. Patel, M.D., is a gastroenterologist at Children’s Health℠ who specializes in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). He is also an Associate Professor of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Patel is the medical director and founder of the Southwestern Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center at Children’s Health, which provides research and cutting-edge clinical care.
After earning his medical degree from Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine, Dr. Patel completed a pediatric gastroenterology fellowship at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a specialty fellowship in pediatric IBD that was awarded and funded by the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America.
His research interests include genetic basis of IBD, outcome studies in pediatric GI disorders, nutrition, as well as the evaluation and treatment of children with IBD.
Dr. Patel is also active in the local Indian community and serves on the planning committee for an annual pediatric health fair.
Education and Training
Medical SchoolTexas A&M University College of Medicine (2000)
InternshipBaylor Scott and White Memorial Hospital (2001), Pediatrics
ResidencyBaylor Scott and White Memorial Hospital (2003), Pediatrics
FellowshipUT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2006), Pediatric Gastroenterology
Departments & Programs
Conditions & Treatments
Research & Publications
- At Risk Populations in Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Genetics in Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Quality Improvement
Professional Associations and Affiliations
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Gastroenterological Association
- Crohns and Colitis Foundation of America
- North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterologist, Hepatologist and Nutrition
- Texas Medical Association
Awards & Honors
- Best Pediatric Specialists in Dallas - D Magazine (2017)
- NASPGHAN Travel Award - World Congress of Gastroenterology (2008)
- National Inflammatory Bowel Disease Fellowship Award - CCFA (2006)
- Chief Resident - Pediatrics, Scott & White Hospital (2003)
- Best Pediatric Resident - Pediatrics, Scott & White Hospital (2002)