Amy Coffey, M.D., is an otolaryngologist at Children’s Health℠ who specializes in pediatric otolaryngology. She is also an associate professor of otolaryngology at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Coffey completed her residency training at the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston and Loma Linda University in California. Before joining Children’s Health in 1995, Dr. Coffey was the head of the Pediatric Otolaryngology division at Galveston for two years.
Dr. Coffey’s research interests include allergy, chronic pediatric rhinosinusitis and the comparison of postoperative pain and return to diet with thermal welding forceps, coblation and electrocautery for tonsillectomy.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (1985)
- University of TX Med Brnch Gal (1986), General Surgery
- Loma Linda University School of Medicine (1990), Otolaryngology
University of TX Med Brnch Gal (1989), Otolaryngology
- Board Certification
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- Ankyloglossia Tongue Tie
- Chronic Ear Infections (Otitis Media)
- Ear Infections (Otitis Media)
- Foreign Body (Esophageal)
- Head and Neck Lumps
- Language Delay
- Sleep-Disordered Breathing (SDB)
- Strep Throat
- Tympanic Membrane Perforation (Ruptured Eardrum)
- Vertigo (Dizziness)
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Texas Pediatric Society
Awards and Honors
- First Place - Roche Laboratories Award for Excellence in Basic Science Research (1988)
This provider may offer virtual appointments. Please review our Virtual Visit Specialty Clinics page for instructions on setting up a visit.