Amit Girish Pandya, MD
Credentialed by Children's Health
Dallas, Texas 75390
Amit Pandya, M.D., is a dermatologist at Children’s Health℠ who specializes in treating vitiligo, a disease in which the skin loses color; post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, usually caused by acne in darker-skinned individuals; and melasma, which causes brown patches on the face.
Dr. Amit Pandya is the only full-time pigmentary disorders specialist in Texas and is one of a handful of full-time pigmentary disorder specialists in the country.
After graduating magna cum laude with a degree in biology from the University of Houston, Dr. Pandya received his medical degree from UT Southwestern. He completed his residency in internal medicine at Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas and his residency in dermatology at UT Southwestern.
Dr. Pandya has been recognized as a Best Doctor by D Magazine and a Super Doctor by Texas Monthly for several years consecutively. He is a recipient of the American Academy of Dermatology’s Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism in Medicine Award and the University of Texas Regents’ Outstanding Teaching Award.
Dr. Pandya is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the Texas Dermatological Society, the Dallas Dermatological Society, the Texas Medical Association, the Dallas County Medical Society, the International Society of Dermatology and the Skin of Color Society.
Education and Training
Medical SchoolUniversity of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (1985)
ResidencyParkland Memorial Hospital (1991), Dermatology
Presbyterian Healthcare System (1988), Internal Medicine
Departments & Programs
Research & Publications
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Dermatologic workforce on the Texas border: using burden on primary care as an outcome measure., McDonald HC, Pandya AG, Kimball AB Int. J. Dermatol. 2013 Apr 52 4 506-7
- Topical chemotherapy in cutaneous T-cell lymphoma: positive results of a randomized, controlled, multicenter trial testing the efficacy and safety of a novel mechlorethamine, 0.02%, gel in mycosis fungoides., Lessin SR, Duvic M, Guitart J, Pandya AG, Strober BE, Olsen EA, Hull CM, Knobler EH, Rook AH, Kim EJ, Naylor MF, Adelson DM, Kimball AB, Wood GS, Sundram U, Wu H, Kim YH JAMA Dermatol 2013 Jan 149 1 25-32
- Deferasirox for porphyria cutanea tarda: a pilot study., Pandya AG, Nezafati KA, Ashe-Randolph M, Yalamanchili R Arch Dermatol 2012 Aug 148 8 898-901
- Efficacy of narrowband ultraviolet B versus excimer radiation in repigmenting vitiligo after minigrafting on the distal arms., Sheth VM, Currimbhoy SD, Feetham HJ, Graves MS, Chan J, Hynan LS, Pandya AG J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2012 Aug 67 2 318-20
Professional Associations and Affiliations
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Dallas Dermatological Society
- Texas Dermatological Society
- Texas Medical Association
Awards & Honors
- Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism in Medicine Award from the American Academy of Dermatology (2014)
- University of Texas Regents Outstanding Teaching Award (2013)
- Southwestern Academy of Teachers - Honorary Academy for Best Teachers at UT Southwestern (2010)
- Outstanding Teacher Awards - UT Southwestern Medical School Class of 1998, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014 (0)
- D Magazine "Best Doctors in Dallas" (1996-2014)
- Texas Monthly Magazine "Texas Super Doctor" (2007- 2014)