COVID-19 visitor restrictionsUpdated June 25, 2020 at 10:00 am
As cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) increase in North Texas, we continue to focus on your safety by following federal, state and local guidelines to limit possible exposure.
We have implemented visitor restrictions for all facilities in the Children’s Health℠ system to prevent further exposure and combat community spread.
Our updated visitation restrictions include:
- In-patient visitor restrictions: Only one of two designated caregivers, 18 years or older, may visit at a time in the hospital..
- Out-patient visitor restrictions: Only one healthy adult may attend each patient’s appointment.
- Screening: Every patient, caregiver and employee is screened upon arrival. You will be asked to answer a series of symptom- and exposure-related questions for yourself and your child.
- Masks: After you pass the screening process, you will be given a clinical-grade mask issued by Children's Health, which are required by all patients and families members over 2-years-old.
- Using MyChart for contactless check-in: We are initiating a contactless check-in process to help keep you as safe as possible. Download the MyChart app and register for an account so you will be able to complete the check-in process online prior to your appointment, view medical records, communicate with your child’s care team and more. Quickly and easily register here.
- Social distancing: You will see signage throughout our facilities to serve as a reminder to keep a safe distance of approximately 6 feet, including shared spaces such as in our waiting rooms and elevators.
We will continue to screen caregivers daily upon entering any area of our hospitals or other Children’s Health facilities. As always, we ask that you please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before and after entering a patient room.
For outpatient appointments, if you or your child has fever, cough or shortness of breath, please call the clinic before your appointment.
We apologize for any inconvenience these may cause and appreciate your patience and support as we address this emerging public health crisis. Children's Health is committed to taking a proactive approach in maintaining a safe environment for our patient families and team members