COVID-19 visitor restrictionsUpdated February 19, 2021 at 2:58 pm
As cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) increase in North Texas, we continue to focus on your safety by following federal, state and local guidelines to limit possible exposure.
We have implemented visitor restrictions for all facilities in the Children’s Health℠ system to prevent further exposure and combat community spread.
Our updated visitation restrictions include:
- Inpatient visitor restrictions: One of two designated caregivers, 18 years or older, may visit at a time in the hospital. The designated visitors will be the only visitors allowed throughout the duration of your child’s stay.
- Outpatient and surgical patient visitor restrictions: Only one healthy adult may attend each patient’s appointment.
- Clergy visitation: Children’s Health provides Chaplain services 24 hours a day to support our patients and their loved ones. Should a patient family wish to request a visit from the clergy of their particular faith community, this request can be made by contacting the unit Chaplain or Spiritual Care team. Arrangements for visits are made by the Chaplain in consultation with the patient family. All outside clergy visits follow the visitor guidelines established by Children’s Health.
Additional ways we are keeping you safe:
- Screening: Every patient, caregiver and employee is screened upon arrival. You will be asked to answer a series of symptom- and exposure-related questions for yourself and your child and your temperature will be taken.
- Masks: After you pass the screening process, you will be given a clinical-grade mask issued by Children’s Health.
- Using MyChart for contactless check-in: We initiated a contactless check-in process to help keep you as safe as possible. Download the MyChart app and register for an account so you will be able to complete the check-in process online prior to your appointment, view medical records, communicate with your child’s care team and more. Quickly and easily register here.
- Social distancing: You will see signage throughout our facilities to serve as a reminder to keep a safe distance of approximately 6 feet, including shared spaces such as in our waiting rooms and elevators.
- Food options: We have limited some of our dining options, seating at cafes and operating hours in support of social distancing. Download the Children’s Health mobile app for available locations and hours of operations at each of our campuses or visit the Dining and Food Services page.
We will continue to screen caregivers daily upon entering any area of our hospitals or other Children’s Health facilities. As always, we ask that you please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before and after entering a patient room.
For outpatient appointments, if you or your child has fever, cough or shortness of breath, please call the clinic before your appointment.
We apologize for any inconvenience these may cause and appreciate your patience and support as we address this emerging public health crisis. Children's Health is committed to taking a proactive approach in maintaining a safe environment for our patient families and team members.