Resuming Appointments and SurgeriesUpdated May 8, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Resuming elective and non-emergency surgical procedures
Beginning May 11, Children’s Health℠ will resume operations in a phased approach starting with surgical cases that have been postponed. The first surgeries scheduled will be those determined by our physicians as clinically urgent, and/or medically necessary. All patients will be tested for COVID-19 prior to their surgery.
Resuming routine and non-emergency medical appointments
Beginning May 11, Children’s Health will resume postponed clinic appointments that are determined by a physician as clinically urgent, and/or medically necessary. Appointments will continue virtually when needed.
Radiology and lab services will also resume normal operations.
How Children’s Health is keeping you safe
We know many of you are questioning whether it’s safe to resume routine appointments, receive vaccinations, have surgical procedures or enter a health care setting. We want to assure you that it’s not only safe at Children’s Health, but important that you continue your child’s care, including vaccinations, well-checks and medical appointments as needed to keep your child and family healthy.
When you come for your appointments, our campus may look a bit different than the last time you were here. Here’s how we are keeping you safe:
- Visitor restrictions: Only one designated caregiver may visit at a time or attend appointments with your child.
- Screening: Every patient, caregiver and employee is screened upon arrival. You will be asked to answer a series of symptom- and exposure-related questions for yourself and your child.
- Masks: After you pass the screening process, you will be given a clinical-grade mask issued by Children’s Health.
- Using MyChart for contactless check-in: We are initiating a contactless check-in process to help keep you as safe as possible. Download the MyChart app and register for an account so you will be able to complete the check-in process online prior to your appointment, view medical records, communicate with your child’s care team and more. Quickly and easily register here.
- Social distancing: You will see signage throughout our facilities to serve as a reminder to keep a safe distance of approximately 6 feet, including shared spaces such as in our waiting rooms and elevators.
- Food options: We have limited some of our dining options, seating at cafes and operating hours in support of social distancing. Download the Children’s Health mobile app for available locations and hours of operations at each of our campuses or visit the Dining and Food Services page.