Expertise in all surgical areas
The staff at Children’s includes experts in all specialty areas of pediatric surgery. These areas and their leaders are introduced below.
Chief of Surgery:
Robert P. Foglia , M.D.
Key Physician Contacts:
Amy C. Brenski , M.D. - Otolarynology
Steve Byrd , M.D., F.A.C.S. - Plastic Surgery
Dev M. Desai , M.D., Ph.D. - Transplant
Joseph M. Forbess , M.D. - Cardiovascular & Thoraic Surgery
Alton G. McWhorter , D.D.S. - Dental
Steve Megison , M.D. - Trauma
Karl E. Rathjen , M.D. - Orthopeadics
Douglas P. Sinn , D.D.S. - Oral Surgery
Fred Sklar , M.D. - Neurosurgery
Warren T. Snodgrass , M.D. - Urology
David R. Weakley, Jr. , M.D. - Ophthalmology
Sherri Bobo , (Children's at Legacy)
Denise Claussen , RN, MSN, CAN, BSN (Children's Dallas)
Patricia Crabb , RN, BS (Children's Pavillion Surgery Center Dallas)
Description of services:
- Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT)
- General Surgery
- Oral Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
Information for referral sources:
Children on managed care programs may require referral by their primary care physician. Direct physician referral is preferred.
For after hours or emergencies, call 214-456-7000 to request the on-call attending pediatric surgeon.
Why Children’s Medical Center?
- Each surgeon on the Children’s medical staff has completed specialty training in pediatric surgery.
- Surgeons who take trauma calls receive specialty ATLS training in caring for injured patients.
- The general surgeons on the medical staff at Children’s perform more than 3,000 operations annually and admit to the hospital more than 1,000 injured children under the age of 13.