The Trauma Services’ research program is a vital component to earning level-one status. A few of the research studies under way include:
- Evaluating the efficacy of an injury prevention intervention provided to parents/guardians of acutely injured children during hospitalization.
- Identifying the difference in safety behavior and safety knowledge of parents/guardians to injured children who receive an injury prevention intervention fro those who receive standard safety information.
- Analysis of children ages 4-8 in motor vehicle collisions.
- Analysis of children with all-terrain vehicle injuries.
- Examination of outcomes in children with severe traumatic brain injury.