Intestinal Transplant: Referral Directory
Why Children's Medical Center?
- One of the few global centers with all treatment modalities needed for the care of children with intestinal transplant.
- Fully contained center within a children's facility.
- Experienced staff and physicians in all major organ transplants in children work as a team under Solid Organ Transplant.
- Continuum of care as the child grow from Children's to adult facilities.
- John Andersen, M.D. - Intestinal/Liver Transplant Medical Director
- Juan D. Arenas, M.D. - Intestinal Transplant Surgery
- Nandini Channabasappa, M.D. - Intestinal Transplant
- Meelie A. Debroy, M.D. - Intestinal Transplant Surgery
- Dev M. Desai, M.D., Ph.D. - Intestinal Transplant Surgical Director
- Jami Gross, Ph.D. - Pediatric Psychologist
- Sarah Sullivan-Purnell, RN - Intestinal/Post Liver Transplant Coordinator
- Jean Bell-Scott, LMSW - Clinical Social Worker Liver/Intestine
- Lindy Huang, PharmD - Pharmacist
- Jill Rockwell, RD, LD, CNSD - Clinical Dietician Liver/Intestine
- Melanie Sweat, CCLS - Child Life Specialist for Pediatric Transplant
Description of Services
The intestinal and multi-visceral transplant program is committed to providing comprehensive and responsive care for pediatric patients requiring intestinal and multi-visceral transplantation.
Common diagnoses we treat:
- Short Gut Syndrome
- Nectrotizing Enterocolitis
- Intestinal Atresia
- Motility Disorders/Others
- Intestinal Pseudo Obstruction
- Hirschsprung's Disease
- Microvillous Inclusion Disease
- Congential Diarrhea
Information for referral sources:
- Pre-authorization is required by some insurance plans.
- To avoid unnecessary testing, have the family bring relevant medical records, test results and X-rays to the appointment.
- Services are provided in close cooperation with the patient's referring physician.
- Diagnosis, evaluation and recommended treatment information is provided promptly to the referring physician.
Please provide the following when calling to schedule a patient for a diagnostic evaluation:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Probable diagnosis
- Insurance/referral information
- Physician clinical findings or symptoms that caused the patient to visit physician
- Transplant patients meet on program's anniversary
Texas Organ Procurement Organizations
- Southwest Transplant Alliance
- LifeGift OPO
- Texas Organ Sharing Alliance
- United Network for Organ Sharing
- Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients
- Patient Family Resource Center located in the lobby of Tower D
- Krissi Hollman Family Resource Library located on C7