Heart Transplant: Referral Directory
- Aliessa P. Barnes, M.D. - Heart Transplant Medical Director
- Bibhuti Das, M.D. - Heart Transplant
- David E. Fixler, M.D. - Heart Transplant
- Joseph M. Forbess, M.D. - Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Kristine J. Guleserian, M.D. - Heart Transplant Surgical Director
- Jami Gross, Ph.D.– Pediatric Psychologist
- Susan Daneman, RN, BSN, CCTC – Heart Transplant Coordinator
- Leah Knox, RN, BS - Heart Transplant Coordinator
- Tracey Mackling, MSN, RN, CPNP-PC/AC - Heart Transplant Pediatric Nurse Practioner
- Lindy Huang, PharmD – Pharmacist
- Jenny Sperry, LMSW – Clinical Social Worker Heart
- Melanie Elliott, CCLS – Child Life Specialist for Pediatric Transplant
- Jill Rockwell - Clinical Nutritionist for Pediatric Transplant
Common diagnoses we treat:
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Congestive Heart Failure
Please provide the following when calling to schedule a patient for a diagnostic evaluation:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Comprehensive demographics
- Probable diagnosis
- Insurance/referral information
- Physician clinical findings or symptoms which caused the patient to visit physician
- Primary care physician name and phone number
After hours or for emergencies, please call 214-456-7000 and request the on-call pediatric cardiologist.
Information for referral sources:
- A written referral from physician or referral source is required (if required by insurer).
- Pre-authorization is required by some insurance plans.
- Patient instructions for specific tests will be provided when the appointment is scheduled.
- To avoid unnecessary testing, have the family bring relevant medical records, test results and X-rays to the appointment.
- Services are provided in close cooperation with the patient's referring physician.
- Diagnosis, evaluation and recommended treatment information is provided promptly to the referring physician.