Sports Medicine: What to Expect
We want your appointments with the Sports Medicine Center at Children’s to be as convenient as possible. To make this happen, please keep these helpful tips in mind when you are preparing to meet with our team members:
- Expect your appointments to last one hour.
- Please be sure to bring your parent’s identification and patient insurance cards to each visit, whether it is with a physician or a therapist.
- Wear or bring clothes that will give easy access to the area that is injured. For instance, shorts would be best for a knee or hip problem.
When meeting with the physician for the first time, it is important to remember the following:
- Bring related medical records, including X-rays or MRIs, to avoid costs and delays for unnecessary tests.
- In some cases, the physician will request that you have X-rays taken if you have not previously had them.
- The X-ray results are immediately available for the physician to review with you during your visit.
- These additional services, if ordered by the physician, are available during your clinic visit:
- Therapy assessment
- Crutch training
- Home exercise program training
- These additional services, if ordered by the physician, will be scheduled for another date and time:
- Additional imaging, such as CT scan, MRI
- Pre-Surgical Assessment