Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: Referral Directory
- Interim Sr. Director - Joy Parker
- Interim Clinical Director - Diana Terry, CCC-SLP
- Interim Business Operations Director - Chad Robertson
- Jonathan Groves - Practice Administrator (Dallas)
- Jeff Bromfield - Practice Administrator (Legacy)
Description of services:
The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) consists of Medical and Therapy services.
- Medical Services provide a comprehensive rehabilitation evaluation and assessments of children with musculoskeletal and neurological impairment. Focus areas include medical management of spasticity and assessing need for physical, occupational or speech therapy, orthotics and adaptive equipment.
- Therapy services include inpatient and outpatient occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech language pathology. See service specific link for details.
Patients with the following conditions or diagnoses are typically referred:
- Cerebral palsy
- Spina bifida
- Brain tumor
- Traumatic and Anoxic brain injury
- Brachial plexus injury
- Non-healing or poorly healing wounds
- Bone tumors
- Orthopaedic injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Gait abnormalities
- Cerebral vascular accident
- Developmental delay
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Equipment evaluations
- Amputations of upper or lower extremity
- Contracture management
- Upper extremity injuries
- Sensory integration/sensory motor deficits
- Visual/motor/perceptual development
- Congenital limb discrepancy and acquired amputations
Procedures performed or problems diagnosed and treated:
- Nerve conduction velocity/electromyogram (NCS & EMG)
- Botox injection
- Motor point blocks
- Baclofen Pump evaluations/maintenance
- Upper and lower extremity casting and splinting for neurological, congenital or traumatic injuries
Information for referral sources:
Physician or other healthcare professional referral for physical medicine and rehabilitation clinic requested, or parents may self-refer. Physician orders are required for therapy services.
Why Children's Medical Center?
- Commitment to comprehensive assessment and management of rehabilitation needs, as well as assessment for surgical intervention.
- Care is provided in a child-friendly environment.
- The team keeps up with recent advances in management of childhood disabilities.
- Skilled, experienced therapists are specially trained in evaluating and treating the varied pediatric population.
- Equipment is specially designed and sized for children
- Multiple locations of services make it easier for patients to receive therapy closer to home.