Pharmacy Key Contacts:
- Chris Geiger, MBA - Director of Business and Program Development
- Michelle Kromelis, R.Ph. - Senior Director Pharmacy Services
- Robyn Bonner, Pharm.D., R.Ph. - Manager - Inpatient Clinical Pharmacist Services
- Robin Breitzka, R.Ph. - Manager - Clinical Pharmacist Services - Critical Care
- Terri Burrows, Pharm.D., R.Ph. - Manager - Education and Regulatory Compliance
- Brenda Darling, Pharm.D., R.Ph. - Manager - Clinical Pharmacist Services - ED, Radiology & Transport
- Stephanie Flores, C.Ph.T - Pharmacy Buyer
- Ashley Gonzalez, Pharm.D., R.Ph. - Team Leader - Inpatient Clinical Pharmacist Services
- Anh Hoang, Pharm.D., R.Ph. - Clinical Pharmacist - Cardiology Clinic
- Sandra Howell, Pharm.D., R.Ph. - Manager - 340B and Patient Assistance Programs
- Lindy Huang, Pharm.D., R.Ph. - Clinical Pharmacist - SOTP - Clinical Pharmacist - SOTP
- David Lavecchia, Pharm.D., R.Ph. - Manager - Ambulatory Services [Retail]
- Alan Lorenzen, Pharm.D., R.Ph. - Manager - Inpatient Operations - Days Sara Luoma, Business Analyst
- Sara Luoma, Business Analyst
- Ruth Merryman, Pharm.D., R.Ph. - Clinical Pharmacist - Investigational Drug Service
- Sean Nguyen, Pharm.D., R.Ph. - Clinical Pharmacist - Infectious Disease
- Ryan Parrent, Pharm.D., R.Ph. - Manager - Legacy Operations
- Sanju Patel, Pharm.D., R.Ph. - Clinical Pharmacist - HIV Clinic
- Danh Pham, Pharm.D., R.Ph. - Manager –Inpatient Operations - Nights
- Cherie Quintero, Pharm.D., R.Ph. - Team Leader - IP Operations/Formula Lab
- Marilyn Simo, R.Ph. - Team Leader - Pavilion Surgery Center/OR
- Jerry Tobias, R.Ph. - Pharmacist - Pavilion Infusion Center
- Jordan Whitehill, Pharm.D., R.Ph. - Pharmacy Residency/Student Coordinator
Description of services:
The Children's Department of Pharmacy leads the nation in the development, application and utilization of technology and automation resources to provide the best and safest care to our patients and their families. Medication therapy management by clinical pharmacists is a recognized way to improve patient outcomes and reduce costs. We provide access to clinical pharmacist services for all medical teams across the organization.
Inpatient pharmaceutical services:
- Monitor, verify, clarify, and adjust medication orders.
- Provide drug therapy consultation to medical and clinical staff.
- Individualize drug therapy through pharmacokinetic consults.
- Pharmacists round with the medical team as an integral part of the patient care team.
- Patient/family education on the appropriate use of medications.
- Clinical pharmacists practice in the Emergency Department.
Outpatient and retail pharmaceutical services:
- Dispense outpatient medications, chemicals and pharmaceutical preparations.
- Dispense pediatric medications to non-Children's patients on an outpatient basis.
- Provide patient and family medication education.
- Provide expanded over-the-counter items, including the Safety Stop with car seats, helmets and other child safety equipment.
- Support of hospital-based research by managing investigational drug protocols.
- Maintenance of the hospital's Adverse Drug Event and Reaction Reporting Program and investigation of all reported adverse drug events and reactions.
- Teaching programs and education for hospital staff.
- Surveillance of general hospital pharmacy practice and improvement in practice through staff excellence and innovation.
- Development and implementation of new programs to enhance pharmaceutical care of patients.
- Education of pharmacy students, pharmacy interns and pediatric pharmacy residents.
- Evaluation of medication use throughout the hospital in cooperation with the medical staff.
Inpatient home medication policy and information for new patients:
The use of patient medications brought from home is prohibited. This policy is necessary for patient safety. Prior authorization to use medications from home must be obtained from the senior pharmacy director. Use of medications from home is a dangerous practice, circumvents patient safety systems and in many cases, increases the patient's overall medical cost.
Information for referral services:
- Clinical pharmacists are an available resource to staff and non-staff healthcare professionals for patient-specific pharmacotherapy or pharmacokinetic consultations in the areas of pediatrics.
- For general medication information, call the pharmacist on duty at 214-456-6209.
- To report a patient-specific adverse drug reaction (ADR), call the Central Pharmacy at 214-456-8735.
Why Children's Medical Center?
- Clinical pharmacists are an integral part of the patient care team.
- Pharmacists are specialists in unique pediatric drug formulations.
- Pharmacists are specialists in pediatric drug compounding.
- Two retail pharmacies are available to meet all pediatric needs.
- Our pharmacy uses automated drug delivery, point-of-care administration record and storage systems.