Pathology Laboratory: Referral Directory
- Sandy D. Cope-Yokoyama, M.D. - Pediatric Pathologist
- Christopher Doem, Ph.D. - Clinical Pathology Director of Microbiology
- Rene Galindo, M.D., Ph.D. - Physician Scientist
- Sarah Johnson-Welch, M.D. - Pediatric Pathologist, Director of Autopsy Services
- Patricia Jones, Ph.D. - Clinical Pathology, Director of Clinical Chemistry
- Hung Luu, M.D. - Clinical Pathoology, Clinical Pathologist, Director of Hematopathology and Coagulation
- Linda R. Margraf, M.D. - Interim Medical Director of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Daniel K. Noland, M.D. - Clinical Pathologist, Director of Tissue and Transfusion Medicine
- Jason Park, M.D., Ph.D. - Clinical Pathology Associate Director of Advanced Diagnostics
- Dinesh Rakheja, M.D. - Pediatric Pathologist
- Anita Sengupta, M.D. - Pediatric Pathologist
- Charles Timmons, M.D., Ph.D. - Pediatric Pathologist
- Arthur G. Weinberg, M.D. - Pediatric Pathologist, Director of Autopsy Services
- David Welch, Ph.D. - Clinical Pathology, Associate Director of Microbiology
- Mandolin S. Ziadie, M.D. - Pediatric Pathologist
- Jim Adams - Senior Director of Lab Operations
- Kenneth Carr - Director of Business and Program Development
Description of services:
- Full service anatomic and clinical laboratory tailored to the needs of children
- Phlebotomists specially trained to obtain blood samples from young children
- Large test development and research component
- Accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP No. 20708) and licensed by CLIA No. 45D0481024
Procedures performed or problems diagnosed and treated:
Complete range of diagnostic laboratory services. The laboratory includes services in phlebotomy, hematology, urinalysis, chemistry, immunology, drug monitoring, diagnostic and surgical and autopsy pathology, histology, electron microscopy, microbiology, virology, and test development/research support.
Please provide the following when calling to schedule a patient for a diagnostic examination:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Physician's name, office telephone and fax numbers
Information for referral sources:
- A signed laboratory requisition must be faxed to the laboratory or brought to the laboratory by the patient. The requisition must contain medical necessity documentation for each test ordered, which includes ICD9 codes or a narrative indicating why the test is ordered.
- Patient instructions for specific tests will be provided when the appointment is scheduled.
- Services are provided in close cooperation with the patient's referring physician.
- Medical necessity documentation is required for all tests ordered on outpatients.
- Patients can schedule sweat specimen collections between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m., Monday through Friday. Sweat chloride testing is performed Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Testing can be scheduled by calling 214-456-3158.
Why Children's Medical Center?
- Pathologists on the medical staff have subspecialty boards in pediatric pathology. Doctoral scientists have subspecialty boards in their scientific disciplines.
- Our experienced phlebotomy staff is specially trained to work with infants and children.
- Children's serves as a national reference lab for many procedures.
- Pathologists, doctoral scientists and employees are skilled in detecting and interpreting test abnormalities and disease states specific to children.
- The Children's pathology department uses current, state-of-the-art laboratory equipment that accommodates small pediatric sample volumes.
- Children's laboratory is on the cutting edge of technology and test development, providing innovative testing and support for research.