Neurosurgery: Referral Directory
- Angela V. Price, M.D.
- David J. Sacco, M.D.
- Frederick H. Sklar, M.D.
- Dale M. Swift, M.D.
- Bradley E. Weprin, M.D.
Christina Harrington, RN, CPNP-PC, CPNP-AC
Description of services:
The Center for Pediatric Neurosurgery offers the latest technology and expertise in treating a wide variety of disorders, including:
- Hydrocephalus, hydromyelia, cyst of the brain.
- Central nervous system tumors and tumors of the skull base and spine.
- Spina bifida, meningomyelocele, tethered spinal cord, Chiari malformation and other congenital malformations of the nervous system.
- Craniosynostosis/craniofacial malformations.
- Vascular malformations of the nervous system.
- Intractable epilepsy.
- Head and spinal trauma.
Procedures performed or problems diagnosed and treated:
- Shunting for hydrocephalus and endoscopic third ventriculostomy
- Baclofen pumps for spasticity
- Resection of tumors from the central nervous system
- Repair of spinal cord anomalies and Chiari malformations
- Treatment of central nervous system vascular disease
- Treatment of craniofacial anomalies
- Treatment of head and spinal trauma
- Computer assisted image-guided microscopy
- Surgical treatment for epilepsy including vagal nerve stimulators
Information for referral sources:
- Physicians should refer patients with suspected neurosurgical problems.
- Pre-authorization is required by some insurance plans.
- Patient instructions for specific test will be provided when the appointment is scheduled.
- To avoid unnecessary testing, have the family bring relevant medical records, test results and X-rays to the appointment.
- Services are provided in close cooperation with the patient’s referring physician.
- Diagnosis, evaluation and recommended treatment information is provided promptly to the referring physician.
Please provide the following when calling to schedule a patient for a diagnostic examination:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Probable diagnosis
- Insurance/referral information
- Physician clinical findings or symptoms which caused the patient to visit physician.