Neonatal ICU: Meet the Team
The Division of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center has provided care for both healthy and ill newborns for more than 30 years. Our NICU staff includes well-educated and experienced nurses, nurse practitioners, and other highly-trained healthcare professionals who provide the finest of care for our newborn patients.
Division director, neonatal-perinatal medicine
- Mahmood Alasmi, M.D.
- Timothy Brannon, M.D.
- Luc Brion, M.D.
- Lina Chalak, M.D.
- Arlene Davis, M.D.
- William Engle, M.D.
- Becky Ennis, M.D.
- Mambarath Jaleel, M.D.
- Sunjun Kang, M.D.
- Charles Rosenfeld, M.D.
- Pablo Sanchez, M.D.
- Philip Shaul, M.D.
- Julide Sisman M.D.
- Audra Stewart DO
- Myra Wyckoff, M.D.
Neonatal Nurse Practitioners
Neonatal nurse practitioners have advanced training in the care of critically ill newborns. They are an integral part of the health care team providing medical care for your baby and will keep you updated on your baby's progress.
Susan Kuehn, RN, NNP - NNP manager
- Brittany Wall, RN, MSN, NNP-BC
- Judy Christy, RN, DNP, NNP-BC
- Linda Cox, RN, MSN, NNP-BC
- Catherine Dean, RN,
- Kamilah Ekechukwu, RN, MSN, CNNP
- Jeanne Guiterrez, RN,
- David Haggard, RN, MSN, NNP-BC
- Elishia Kelley, RN, MSN, NNP-BC
- Madeline Lynn, RN,
- Stephanie Matthews, RN, MSN, NNP-BC
- Maricel Maxey, RN, MSN, NNP-BC
- Dana Morales, RN, MSN, NNP-BC
- L. Leigh Patten, RN,
- Renea Powell, RN
- Sara Rigdon, RN, MSN, NNP-BC
- Tara Rosado, RN, MSN, NNP-BC
- Debra Stevens, RN, MSN, CPNP, NNP-BC
- Christina "Tina" Ullrich, RN, MSN, NNP, RNC-NIC
- Lindsay VanCleave, RN
- Allyson Ward, RN, MSN, NNP-BC
- Catherine Wiethorn
- Wendy Wood-Trevino, RN, MSN, NNP, RNC-OB
The Neonatal-Perinatal fellowship program integrates a strong background in basic and/or clinical research with exceptional clinical training in neonatal medicine.
Find out more about the Neonatal-Perinatal Fellowship Program at UT Southwestern.
Neonatal-Perinatal Fellows 2012-2013
1st Year Fellows
- Anson Tang
- Imran Mir
- Joseph Cantey
- Juliann Williams
2nd Year Fellows
- Charitharth Lal
- Cheryl Motta
- Christina Stine
- Reina Mayor
3rd Year Fellows
- Ja'Near Anderson
- Katherine Stumpf
- Olutoye Osunbunmi
Neonatal nurses play a vital role in the care of our fragile infants and are an integral part of the health care team, acting as both a resource and educator for parents. Our nurses receive highly specialized training including participation in a sixteen-week Neonatal Intensive Care Residency. This residency is designed to prepare the registered nurse for practice in the complex environment of a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- Classes include a concentrated schedule of didactic lectures and technical skills demonstrations.
- Content addresses a wide range of neonatal topics including fetal physiology/pathophysiology, assessment of the normal and ill newborn, nutrition and pharmacology principles and newborn resuscitation.
- Fundamental technical skills are demonstrated and opportunities for practice and demonstration are offered.
NICU Nursing Leadership
Clinical Director: Lisa Mason
Clinical Manager: Tiffany Epperson
Medical Director: James Moore, M.D., PhD, Associate Professor U.T. Southwestern
Quality & Outreach Program Manager: Kerry Wilder
Fetal Care Coordinator: Raye Ann Pierce, BS, RN
Clinical Educator: Sylvia Brown
To contact someone from the NICU, call 214-456-2033.