Maternal Fetal Medicine: Why Children's
Diagnosis and treatment of women with high-risk pregnancies
Whether you are looking to grow your family or having your first child, the UT Southwestern Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialists at the Children's Medical Center at Legacy are here to guide you every step of the way.
The experts you will find at our Legacy campus in Plano are committed to helping couples in need of innovative specialized care. Our specialists diagnose and treat pregnant women with medical or surgical disorders and provide care and advice for healthy women whose pregnancy may be considered high risk.
The full range of services includes:
- Preconception counseling for couples
- Advanced diagnostic services including 3D sonograms
- Diagnosis and treatment of women with high-risk pregnancies
- Care of pregnant women with pre-existing medical conditions
- Specialized care for women having multiples: twins, triplets or more
- Fetal monitoring for suspected or known birth defects
- Screening and procedures for a wide range of disorders and defects
- Coordinated care with multiple on-site pediatric specialists