Hand and Upper Extremity Clinic: Referral Directory
- Ann Garvin, OTR
- Mickey Hurt, OTR
- Debbie Robertson, R.N.
Description of services:
Provides diagnosis and treatment of acute pediatric, traumatic injuries to the hand and upper extremity, as well as non-traumatic conditions such as cysts, masses, nerve conditions and congenital deformities.
- Acute and reconstructive trauma care to the hand and upper extremity.
- Full casting facilities and support personnel available.
- Allied with occupational therapists for inpatient and outpatient care.
- Ambulatory hand and upper extremity problem evaluation and treatment.
Procedures performed or problems diagnosed and treated:
- Microsurgical reconstruction to bones and soft tissue.
- Reconstructive surgical and casting management to acute injuries to the hand and upper extremity.
- Non-traumatic conditions such as cysts, masses, nerve conditions and congenital deformities.
Information for referral sources:
- Pre-authorization is required by some insurance plans.
- To avoid unnecessary testing, have the family bring relevant medical records, test results and X-rays to the appointment.
- Diagnosis, evaluation and recommended treatment information is provided promptly to the referring physician.
Please provide the following when calling to schedule a patient for a diagnostic examination:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Probable diagnosis
- Insurance/referral information
- Physician clinical findings or symptoms which caused the patient to visit physician
- Results from other completed examinations.
Why Children's Medical Center?
Hand surgeons on the medical staff provide expertise in the evaluation of children with acute, traumatic injuries to the hand and upper extremity.