Genetics: Referral Directory
- Debbie Clark, LMSW-ACP - Social Worker
- Judy Fan, MS - Genetic Counselor
- Debby Johnson, RD, LD, CDE - Practice Manager
- Callie Langworthy, MS - Genetic Counselor
- Donnice Michel, MS, CGC - Genetic Counselor
- Christine Quinn, MS, CGC - Genetic Counselor
Description of services:
- Evaluation and testing for people with known or suspected genetic disorders
- Information about specific genetic diseases
- Comprehensive case management with referral to medical specialists, community resources and support groups
- Family history analysis and genetic counseling to discuss reproductive options
- Chromosomal, metabolic and DNA analysis for diagnosis of genetic disease
- Nutritional evaluation and counseling for children with genetic disorders
- Psychosocial assessment and counseling
Common reasons for referral:
- Any condition involving birth defects, developmental delay or mental retardation
- Known genetic disorder in child or family member
- Abnormal genetic test results
Information for referral sources:
- Self-referral or healthcare professional referral accepted.
- Pre-authorization is required by some insurance plans.
- In order to be scheduled, referrals must be accompanied by relevant medical records, genetic test results and X-rays for review by a genetic counselor. The patient will then be contacted for scheduling.
- Services are provided in close cooperation with the patient’s referring physician.
- Diagnosis, evaluation and recommended treatment information is provided promptly to the referring physician.
Please provide the following when calling to refer a patient for a diagnostic examination:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Probable diagnosis
- Insurance/referral information
- Physician clinical findings or symptoms which caused the patient to visit physician