Genetics: Referral Directory
- Latanya Allen - Practice Manager
- Gail Brookshire, MS, CGC-Genetic Counseling
- Kimberly Ramirez, RN, MSN - Service Director
- Debbie Clark, LMSW-ACP - Psychosocial support
- Donnice Michel, MS, CGC
- Christine Quinn, MS, CGC-Genetic Counseling
- Vicki Dennis, Service Director
Description of services:
- Evaluation and testing for people with known or suspected genetic disorders
- Information about specific genetic diseases
- Comprehensive case management with referral to medical specialists, community resources and support groups
- Family history analysis and genetic counseling to discuss reproductive options
- Chromosomal, metabolic and DNA analysis for diagnosis of genetic disease
- Nutritional evaluation and counseling for children with genetic disorders
- Psychosocial assessment and counseling
Procedures performed or problems diagnosed and treated:
- Any condition involving birth defects, developmental delay or mental retardation
- Known genetic disorder in child or family member
Information for referral sources:
- Self-referral or healthcare professional referral accepted.
- Pre-authorization is required by some insurance plans.
- To avoid unnecessary testing, have the family bring, or the physician send, relevant medical records, test results and X-rays to the appointment.
- Services are provided in close cooperation with the patient’s referring physician.
- Diagnosis, evaluation and recommended treatment information is provided promptly to the referring physician.
Please provide the following when calling to schedule a patient for a diagnostic examination:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Probable diagnosis
- Insurance/referral information
- Physician clinical findings or symptoms which caused the patient to visit physician