Head and Neck Surgery
- Eric E. Berg, M.D.
- Amy Coffey, M.D.
- Ronald Deskin, M.D.
- Brandon Isaacson, M.D.
- Romaine F. Johnson, M.D.
- J. Walter Kutz, Jr., M.D.
- Kenneth H. Lee, M.D., Ph.D.
- Ron Mitchell, M.D.
- Rachel St. John, M.D.
- Kathy Thompson, CPNP
- Seckin Ulualp, M.D.
- Debra G. Weinberger, M.D.
- Peter Roland, M.D., Ph.D
- Kim Collier, Practice Administrator, ENT
- Lori Byrd, Manager, Legacy ENT
- Kim Hightower, Program Manager, Cochlear Implant Program
- Bernadette Bartholomew, RN, MS, CPNP
- Paula Dimmitt, RN, MS, CPNP
Description of services:
- Management of childhood otologic disorders, including otitis media, hearing loss, cholesteatoma and complications
- Cochlear implantation for children with profound sensorineural hearing loss
- Tonsil and adenoid diseases including obstructive sleep apnea and other sleep disorders, recurrent tonsillitis and nasal airway obstruction
- Nasal and sinus disease and complications including orbital cellulitis/abscess, infections of the head and neck, sinusitis and nasal polyps.
- Management of other childhood disorders, including respiratory papillomatosis, choanal atresia and congenital head and neck masses
- Management of airway abnormalities including stenosis, foreign bodies, congenital lesions, obstruction of the airway, and vocal cord and voice disorders
- Surgical management of obstructive sleep apnea
Procedures performed or problems diagnosed and treated:
- Otolaryngology head and neck surgery - complete diagnostic, medical and surgical services
- Ear diseases and surgery - tympanostomy tubes and ear surgery
- Tonsil and adenoid surgery
- Nasal and sinus disease - endoscopic sinus surgery
- Infections of the head and neck - medical/surgical therapy
- Airway disorders:
- Laryngoscopy/bronchoscopy - diagnostic and therapeutic
- Laryngotracheal reconstruction - airway stenosis repair
- Vocal cord and voice evaluation:
- Microlaryngoscopy and CO2 laser therapy
- Endoscopic/microscopic therapy
- Diagnosis and special treatment:
- Cochlear implants
- Ear and facial anomalies
- Fiberendoscopic evaluation of swallowing (FEES)
Information for referral sources:
Physician referrals are welcome, but not required.
Why Children's Medical Center?
- The Children's medical staff offers fellowship-trained physicians in pediatric otolaryngology.
- Our nursing and support staff is specially trained in pediatric otolaryngology head and neck surgery.
- Surgical care is performed with specially trained pediatric anesthesiologist.
- Special pediatric audiology and speech pathology services are available.