Description of services:
Comprehensive evaluation and treatment by board-certified endocrinologists for infants, children and adolescents in all areas of pediatric endocrinology.
Procedures performed or problems diagnosed and treated:
Evaluation for hormonal disorders, including disorders of:
- Sexual development
Information for referral sources:
- A written referral from physician or referral source is required.
- To avoid unnecessary testing, have the family bring relevant medical records, test results and X-rays to the appointment.
- Services are provided in close cooperation with the patient's referring physician.
- Diagnosis, evaluation and recommended treatment information is provided promptly to the referring physician.
Why Children's Medical Center?
- The employees and members of the medical staff have extensive experience with growth disorders, and participate in most major multicenter studies of growth hormone therapy.
- The physicians on the medical staff are known nationally for their research on disorders of hormone biosynthesis that affect sexual development and puberty.
- We have a close working relationship with the Texas Newborn Screening Program and routinely provide rapid evaluation and treatment to infants with thyroid and adrenal disorders detected by this program.
- The endocrinology department provides healthcare services to more than 2,000 children each year.