Emergency and First Care: Physician Contacts:Halim A. Hennes, M.D.
Mohamed Badaway, M.D.
Subhankar Bandyopadhyay, M.D.
Reagann McCreary, D.O.
Philip Ewing, M.D.
Sing-Yi Feng, M.D.
Collin Goto, M.D.
Craig Huang, M.D.
Jo-Ann O. Nesiama, M.D.
Pamela J. Okada, M.D.
Kalpesh N. Patel, M.D.
Susan M. Scott, M.D.
Geetanjali Srivastava, M.D.
Dennis James Tanner, M.D.
Mercedes M. Uribe, M.D.
Ken Yen, M.D.
Jessica S. Williams, M.D.
Key Contacts:Penny Williams, R.N.
Description of services:
Provision of comprehensive emergent and urgent care for infants, children and adolescents, including:
- Critically ill and injured children
- All emergent conditions
- Non-urgent conditions in adjacent First Care facility
Subspecialty resources are available 24 hours a day, allowing for emergent care for all medical and surgical pediatric problems. Transport services are available when needed to move patients rapidly from other healthcare facilities.
Information for referral sources:
- To refer a patient, physicians and health professionals can contact a referral nurse coordinator directly by calling the Access Center at 1-888-730-DOCS.
- Utilizing established criteria, the referral nurse coordinators will direct patients to the appropriate care facility — either the Emergency Department or Referral Care Center.
- The referral coordinator will ensure that the appropriate information is exchanged before and after the patient’s visit.
When referring a patient, please provide the following:
- Patient’s name and date of birth
- Pertinent information regarding patient’s symptoms or condition
- Referring and/or primary care physician’s name
- Contact phone number and/or fax number
Why Children's Medical Center?
- The department is staffed round-the-clock by board-certified pediatric emergency medicine specialists on the medical staff, and a wide range of pediatric specialists on the medical staff are available as needed.
- The Children’s Dallas Emergency Department is the pediatric trauma center for Dallas County.
- Physicians on the medical staff, nurses, respiratory therapists and support staff are specially trained to care for acutely ill children.
- The care team includes dedicated clinical pharmacists, respiratory therapists, social workers, child life specialists and chaplains to address emotional as well as medical needs during emergent situations.
- The Children’s Emergency Department is located in a state-of-the-art facility.
- The Children’s Referral Care Center provides urgent care integrated with a full-service pediatric hospital and emergency services.
- The Children’s Referral Care Center at Legacy Emergency Department provides 24-hour coverage in a 16-bed department.