Eating Disorder Services; What we treat
- Anorexia nervosa
- Bulimia nervosa
- Eating disorders not otherwise specified
- Eating disorders in males
- Eating disorders in latency age children
- Eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of any mental illness.
- For females between 15-24 years old, the mortality rate associated with anorexia nervosa is 12 times higher than the death rate of all other causes of death.
- 20% of people suffering from anorexia nervosa will die prematurely from problems related to their eating disorder, including suicide, cardiac complications and electrolyte imbalances.