Eating Disorders: Why Children's
About the program
- The only pediatric hospital in the United States to receive certification for the comprehensive eating disorders program from The Joint Commission.
- Specializes in the treatment of children and adolescents.
- Provides care for the spectrum of eating disorders and eating-related illnesses.
- Offers a specialized treatment track for males and latency aged children with eating disorders.
- Emphasizes a family model of care.
- Operates as the primary pediatric teaching facility for The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
Continuum of care
The appropriate level of care for each patient is determined by the amount of support necessary and may include inpatient hospitalization, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient and outpatient programs.
Treatment modalities include:
- Family therapy
- Nutritional counseling
- Individual psychotherapy
- Group psychotherapy
- Medication management
- Art, music and pet therapy
- Spirituality groups
- Family support groups
- Multi-family groups
- Relaxation/Leisure groups
- Individualized school services
If you are concerned that your child may have an eating disorder, call the Center for Pediatric Eating Disorders at Children's Medical Center at 214-456-8899.