Diagnostic and Consultation Clinic: Referral Directory
Contact PhysiciansLauren K. Gore, M.D.
Joel B. Steinberg, M.D.
- Emily Amaro
- Carmina Salinas
Description of services:The Diagnostic and Consultation Clinic is an outpatient clinic that targets patients whose initial diagnosis and symptoms requires further evaluation, who do not meet the criteria for a subspecialty clinic and for whom a second opinion is desired. The Diagnostic and Consultation Clinic aims to support and resolve diagnostic dilemmas by addressing a child's specialized medical needs through treatment, management and coordination with the patient's primary care provider.
Information for referral sources:
Patients can only be referred by their physician to the clinic and will require the following:
- A physician to physician referral.
- Pre-authorization is required by some insurance plans.
- To avoid unnecessary testing, the medical records, test results and X-rays will be requested prior to appointment.
- Services are provided in close cooperation with the patient's referring physician.
- Consultation with other specialty services will be consulted, if necessary.
- Diagnosis, evaluation and recommended treatment information is provided promptly to the referring physician and family for ongoing care.
Clinic evaluations include a thorough review of the patient's medical history along with a complete physical examination. Please provide the following when calling to schedule a patient for a diagnostic examination:
- Patient name, date of birth and parent's/guardian's phone number
- Probable diagnosis or symptoms
- Insurance/referral information
- Clinical findings or symptoms which cause the patient to visit the physician
Clinic consultations will be held weekly on Wednesday mornings from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Coordination for treatment with the referring physician will take place within a week following the initial consult.