Cystic Fibrosis: Referral Directory
Physician ContactsMichael E. Brown, M.D.
Carolyn L. Cannon, M.D.
Steven C. Copenhaver, M.D.
Andrew S. Gelfand, M.D.
Raksha Jain, M.D. (adult)
Randall L. Rosenblatt, M.D.
Meghana N. Sathe, M.D.
Practice AdministratorJessee Uhde (Dallas)
PsychologistJaime Grollman, Ph.D.
Description of services:
- The Dallas Cystic Fibrosis Care and Teaching Center manages the outpatient and inpatient care of approximately 400 infants, children, adolescents and adults.
- In order to fulfill patients’ physical, emotional and developmental needs, a multidisciplinary team, consisting of physicians on the medical staff and employees whose specializations include cystic fibrosis, gastroenterology, pulmonology, nursing, social work, psychology, nutrition, respiratory therapy and child life care for patients in an outpatient setting.
Procedures performed or problems diagnosed and treated:
- Sweat chloride testing
- Nutritional counseling
- Ongoing patient/family education
- Psychosocial counseling and support
- Pulmonary function testing
- Case management
Information for referral sources:
- Pre-authorization is required by some insurance plans.
- To avoid unnecessary testing, have the family bring relevant medical records, test results and X-rays to the appointment.
- Services are provided in close cooperation with the patient’s referring physician.
- Diagnosis, evaluation and recommended treatment information is provided promptly to the referring physician.
Please provide the following when calling to schedule a patient for a diagnostic examination:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Probable diagnosis or symptoms
- Insurance/referral information
- Physician clinical findings or symptoms which caused the patient to visit physician
Patients are seen by appointment from 9am to 12pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays for pediatric patients. Appointments for Adult patients are from 12pm-4pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Why Children's Medical Center
Our cystic fibrosis treatment center is one of the largest in the country, treating approximately 350 patients annually.
The cystic fibrosis medical staff members actively participate in clinical trials for new medications and treatment regimens.
Our cystic fibrosis treatment center is accredited "Center of Excellence" by the U.S. Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
High Risk Asthma
Pulmonary Function Laboratory