Clinical Nutrition: Referral Directory
- Annette Mica MS, RD, LD - director
- Tamara Akens - business manager
- Rachel Barraco RD, LD - clinical team supervisor
- Kacie Beckett RD, LD - cystic fibrosis, pulmonary, gastroenterology
- Cinthia Piva Blackburn RD, LD - general pediatrics, gastroenterology, endocrinology, nutrition clinic (Legacy)
- Sarah Bradley MS, RD, LD - cardiology, endocrinology
- Maria-Paula Carrillo MS, RD, LD - gastroenterology
- Erin Coco RD, LD, CNSD - cardiac intensive care, general pediatrics, neurosurgery
- Kara Gann RD, LD - nutrition clinic
- Megan Hall RD, CSP, LD, CNSD - critical care
- Desiree Heintz MS, RD, LD - nutrition clinic
- Kathryn Johnson MEd, RD, CSP, LD - psychiatry / eating disorders (Legacy)
- Elisabeth Lee MS, RD, CSP, LD, CNSC - clinical team supervisor
- Karen Malouf RD, LD - low birth weight
- Stephanie Maxson RD, LD, CSO - hematology / oncology
- Lindsey Mazanec RD, LD - nutrition clinic
- Missy Morgan MS, RD, LD - nutrition clinic
- Corina Morrison RD, LD, CNSD - critical care
- Allison Morrow RD, LD - clinical editor
- Jaton Pankau RD, LD - cystic fibrosis, pulmonology, endocrinology
- Colleen Parks MS, RD, LD - gastroenterology
- Mikie Rangel RD, LD - nutrition clinic
- Jill Rockwell RD, CSP, LD, CNSC - gastroenterology, transplant
- Kat Rowden MS, RD, LD - nephrology
- Karyn Shaw RD, CSP, LD, CNSC - neonatal intensive care
- Twyala Smith RD, CSP, LD, CDE - clinical team supervisor, endocrinology
- Mary Susan Spears MS, RD, CSP, LD - ketogenic diet, metabolics
- Julieann Stamper MEd, RD, LD - general pediatrics, gastroenterology, endocrinology, nutrition clinic (Legacy)
- Amanda Stavinoha RD, LD - nephrology
- Deborah Stern RD, LD, CDE - nutrition clinic
Description of Services
- Comprehensive nutrition assessment, counseling, and/or education for a variety of diagnoses
- Lactation support
Procedures performed or problems diagnosed and treated:
Nutrition assessment and counseling for:
- Abnormal Weight Gain
- High Cholesterol
- Feeding Problems in Newborn
- Feeding Problems
- Failure to Thrive
- Protein-Calorie Malnutrition
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified
- Enteral and parenteral nutrition
- Other special nutritional needs
- Services are provided in close cooperation with the patient's referring physician.
- Diagnosis, evaluation and recommended treatment information is provided promptly to the referring physician.
- Financial review/counseling available.
Information Required for Referrals:
- Patient name, address, phone and date of birth.
- Probable diagnosis.
- Clinical findings or symptoms.
- Objective for the visit.
- Insurance/referral information.
- A written referral from physician or referral source is required.
- Pre-authorization is required by some insurance plans.
- Primary physician must provide relevant medical history before patient arrives for appointment.
- We may require specific tests to be completed by primary physician before scheduling an appointment.
Why Children's Medical Center?
The Children's clinical nutrition team is able to go beyond traditional nutrition counseling. Having a wide-variety of experience, we can follow patients throughout the continuum of care -- during admission for an acute illness, after hospitalization in a follow-up clinic and via outpatient referral for nutrition counseling.
Many of our dietitians have earned additional American Dietetics Association certifications, such as Certified Specialist in Pediatric Nutrition (CSP), Certified Nutrition Support Dietitian or Clinician (CNSD or CNSC), and Certificate in Childhood and Adolescent Weight Management.