Clinical Nutrition: Referral Directory
- Annette Mica MS, RD, LD - director.
- Tamara Akens - business manager .
- Rachel Barraco RD, CSP, LD - clinical team lead.
- Janaye Behrens MS, RD, LD – neonatal intensive care unit.
- Cinthia Piva Blackburn RD, CSP, LD - gastroenterology, endocrinology, nutrition clinic (Legacy).
- Mallory Brown RD, LD – gastroenterology.
- Sarah Bradley MS, RD, LD - cardiology.
- Shannon Despino MS, RD, LD, CNSC - low birth weight.
- Erin Donovan RD, LD – general pediatrics, critical care, eating disorders (Legacy).
- Jaton Escobar RD, LD – nutrition clinic (Legacy).
- Kathleen Eustace MPH, RD, LD – endocrinology, gastroenterology.
- Chris Flores RD, LD – nutrition clinic.
- Kara Gann RD, LD - nutrition clinic.
- Alexa Goolsby RD, LD – neonatal intensive care unit.
- Rochelle Hartmann RD, CSP, LD – nutrition clinic.
- Kathryn Johnson MEd, RD, CSP, LD - psychiatry / eating disorders (Legacy).
- Elisabeth Lee MS, RD, CSP, LD, CNSC – critical care.
- Karen Malouf MS, RD, LD – clinical team lead.
- Missy Morgan MS, RD, LD - nutrition clinic.
- Allison Morrow RD, LD - clinical editor.
- Mikie Rangel RD, CSP, LD - nutrition clinic.
- Jill Rockwell RD, CSP, LD, CNSC - gastroenterology, transplant.
- Alicia Rowe RD, LD – endocrinology, general pediatrics.
- Ashley Rowell RD, LD - hematology / oncology.
- Kat Scheurer MS, RD, LD - cardiac intensive care, transplant.
- Shanaz Shafaattalab MCN, RD, LD – nutrition clinic.
- Karyn Shaw RD, CSP, LD, CNSC – cystic fibrosis.
- Twyala Smith RD, CSP, LD, CDE - clinical team lead.
- Mary Susan Spears MS, RD, CSP, LD - ketogenic diet, metabolics, neuromuscular.
- Amanda Stavinoha RD, LD – dialysis.
- Jade Tunnell RD, LD – nephrology, transplant
Description of Services
- Comprehensive nutrition assessment, counseling, and/or education for a variety of diagnoses
- Lactation support
Procedures performed or problems diagnosed and treated:
Nutrition assessment and counseling for:
- Abnormal Weight Gain
- High Cholesterol
- Feeding Problems in Newborn
- Feeding Problems
- Failure to Thrive
- Protein-Calorie Malnutrition
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified
- Enteral and parenteral nutrition
- Other special nutritional needs
- Services are provided in close cooperation with the patient's referring physician.
- Diagnosis, evaluation and recommended treatment information is provided promptly to the referring physician.
- Financial review/counseling available.
Information Required for Referrals:
- Patient name, address, phone and date of birth.
- Probable diagnosis.
- Clinical findings or symptoms.
- Objective for the visit.
- Insurance/referral information.
- A written referral from physician or referral source is required.
- Pre-authorization is required by some insurance plans.
- Primary physician must provide relevant medical history before patient arrives for appointment.
- We may require specific tests to be completed by primary physician before scheduling an appointment.
Why Children's Medical Center?
The Children's clinical nutrition team is able to go beyond traditional nutrition counseling. Having a wide-variety of experience, we can follow patients throughout the continuum of care -- during admission for an acute illness, after hospitalization in a follow-up clinic and via outpatient referral for nutrition counseling.
Many of our dietitians have earned additional American Dietetics Association certifications, such as Certified Specialist in Pediatric Nutrition (CSP), Certified Nutrition Support Dietitian or Clinician (CNSD or CNSC), and Certificate in Childhood and Adolescent Weight Management.