Asthma Management: Referral Directory
- Shareka Bankston, PAR
- Victoria Criscione, Patient Navigator
- Sharon Lemley, RNC, BSN, AE-C - Care Coordinator
- Anne Crowther MPH, MCHES - Program Manager
Description of Services
A comprehensive six-month program focused on asthma education, self-management skills and care coordination.
Information for referral sources:
Age: Children 0-17 years of age at the time of enrollment.
- Geographic: Seven counties - Dallas, Tarrant, Ellis, Collin, Kaufman, Rockwall and Denton.
- Insurance: Participant is a member of a contracted payor source at the time of enrollment. Authorization from the insurance plan will be obtained by the Asthma Management Program staff.
- Physician: An order from the child’s primary care physician is required with a diagnosis of asthma. It is not required that referring physicians be affiliated with Children’s. Our program is designed to be an additional resource for any physician who treats children with asthma.
To refer a child to this program, please complete the order form fax it to 214-456-2553.
This program includes:
- Two home health visits to provide in-home asthma education and an environmental assessment
- A multidisciplinary Asthma Education Class
- Biweekly telephone contact by the program care coordinator
- Resource for community physicians
Procedures performed or problems diagnosed and treated:
- Asthma education and training
Why Children's Medical Center?
Asthma is among the top three admitting diagnoses at Children’s. This is an innovative program linking in-home education, environmental assessment, family self-management skills and primary care physician involvement to deal with the complexities of treating patients with asthma.