Asthma Management: Program Results
Since the program began in 2001, the program has excellent results in reducing the need to be hospitalized or go to the emergency room for asthma, reducing the need for the child to miss school (or the parent to miss work), improve overall asthma control, and improvement in the overall quality of life for the child.
The program results of participants that completed the program in 2011 include:
- 71% Reduction in missed school or day care days
- 77% Reduction in number of asthma-related Emergency Room visits
- 88% Reduction in number of asthma-related inpatient admissions
- 74% Reduction in number of days caregiver missed work because of child's asthma
- 29% Increase of Asthma Quality of Life score