ACE: Referral Directory
- Kristine W. Appel, M.D.
- Victor M. Aquino, M.D.
- Robert O. Bash, M.D.
- Daniel C. Bowers, M.D.
- George R. Buchanan, M.D.
- J. Scott Cameron, M.D., Ph.D.
- Cindy Cochran, RN, MSN, CPNP
- Jennifer A. Cox, M.D.
- Paul D. Harker-Murray, M.D., Ph.D.
- Patrick J. Leavey, M.D.
- Tamra Slone, M.D.
- Jonathan E. Wickiser, M.D.
- Naomi J. Winick, M.D.
Cindy Cochran, RN, MSN, CPNP
Description of Services
ACE is the After the Cancer Experience program at Children's Medical Center Dallas that provides long-term monitoring for children, adolescents and young adult survivors of childhood cancer.
The nationally recognized program follows cancer patients who are disease-free and have been off therapy for at least two years. The ACE program is one of just a few long-term follow-up cancer survivor programs in the nation that bridges the medical care from childhood to adult life within a centralized medical system.
As survivors age, it is important to monitor health and provide updates about potential ways to reduce risk for late effects. This is done through the ACE program. For more information, log on to www.childrens.com/ccbd.
Procedures performed or problems diagnosed and treated:Toxicities of chemotherapy and radiation such as cardiomyopathy, osteopenia, growth abnormalities, infertility, kidney problems and second malignancies with referral to subspecialists.
Information for referral sources:
- Pre-authorization is required by some insurance plans.
- To avoid unnecessary testing, have the family bring relevant medical records, test results and X-rays to the appointment.
- Services are provided in close cooperation with the patient's referring physician.
- Patient should bring relevant information about previous cancer treatment.
Please provide the following when calling to schedule a patient for a diagnostic examination:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Insurance/referral information
- Pertinent information about last comprehensive cancer check-up