Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine: Referral Directory
Physician ContactsMay Lau, M.D. (Dallas only)
Jennifer B. Walsh, M.D. (Dallas only)
Ellen E. Wilson, M.D. (Gynecology in Dallas only)
Jonathan Groves, MHA - Clinical Manager
Kris Sanders, MBA - Director
Cynthia Tobias - Scheduling Coordinator
Phyllis Kelly, BSN, RN, CPN - Nursing
Description of Services
Comprehensive primary and specialty care services for male and female patients ages 11 to 21 years.
Procedures performed or problems diagnosed and treated:
- Sports participation physicals with physician referral
- Diagnosis and treatment of menstrual disorders
- Pre-college physicals and immunizations
- Laboratory testing and radiologic tests
- Referrals to dermatology for acne management and wart removal
- Nutrition and weight management plans
- Acute care and sick visits
- Education and prevention of substance abuse
- Contraceptive and reproductive counseling
- Sexually transmitted disease treatment and prevention
- Evaluation and treatment of mood disorders or mental health issues associated with chronic illness
- Pelvic and GYN exams for girls ages 11 to 21
Pediatric Gynecology Clinic
The Adolescent and Young Adult Clinic also has a pediatric gynecology clinic to provide consultative gynecological services for girl ages newborn to 21. For more information, call 214-456-9099.
Information for referral sources:
- Sports participation physicals require a physician referral.
- To avoid unnecessary testing, have the patient bring relevant medical records, test results and radiographs to the appointment.
- If patient is overweight, please make a morning appointment and ask patient not to eat or drink after midnight.
Required Scheduling Information
Please provide the following when calling to schedule a patient:
- Patient name, address, phone and date of birth
- Probable diagnosis or symptoms
- Insurance/referral information
- Referring/primary care physician name and phone number
Why Children’s Medical Center?
The adolescent years are filled with unique physical and emotional challenges, and the Adolescent/Young Adult Clinic at Children’s is designed to meet these challenges in a supportive and effective manner.