Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine: Referral Directory
Physician ContactsMay Lau, M.D. (Dallas only)
Jennifer B. Walsh, M.D. (Dallas only)
Ellen E. Wilson, M.D. (Gynecology in Dallas only)
Akilah Weber, M.D. (Gynecology in Dallas and Plano)
Jeff Bromfield - Clinical Manager
Kris Sanders, MBA - Director
Cynthia Tobias - Scheduling Coordinator
Phyllis Kelly, BSN, RN, CPN - Nursing
Description of Services
Comprehensive primary and specialty care services for male and female patients ages 11 to 21 years.
Procedures performed or problems diagnosed and treated:
- Sports participation physicals with physician referral
- Diagnosis and treatment of menstrual disorders
- Pre-college physicals and immunizations
- Laboratory testing and radiologic tests
- Referrals to dermatology for acne management and wart removal
- Nutrition and weight management plans
- Acute care and sick visits
- Education and prevention of substance abuse
- Contraceptive and reproductive counseling
- Sexually transmitted disease treatment and prevention
- Evaluation and treatment of mood disorders or mental health issues associated with chronic illness
- Pelvic and GYN exams for girls ages 11 to 21
Pediatric Gynecology Clinic
The Adolescent and Young Adult Clinic also has a pediatric gynecology clinic to provide consultative gynecological services for girl ages newborn to 21. For more information, call 214-456-9099.
Information for referral sources:
- Sports participation physicals require a physician referral.
- To avoid unnecessary testing, have the patient bring relevant medical records, test results and radiographs to the appointment.
- If patient is overweight, please make a morning appointment and ask patient not to eat or drink after midnight.
Required Scheduling Information
Please provide the following when calling to schedule a patient:
- Patient name, address, phone and date of birth
- Probable diagnosis or symptoms
- Insurance/referral information
- Referring/primary care physician name and phone number
Why Children’s Medical Center?
The adolescent years are filled with unique physical and emotional challenges, and the Adolescent/Young Adult Clinic at Children’s is designed to meet these challenges in a supportive and effective manner.