Residents attend a continuity clinic one afternoon per week throughout residency. In these clinics, residents act as the primary care physician for a panel of patients that they will follow during their residency. Residents see patients at sick visits, perform well child exams, provide anticipatory guidance, and learn to navigate the community resources available to the patients and their families.
Resident Continuity Clinics are conducted at the following six sites. Residents average one half day each week.
- Children’s Medical Center
- DeHaro Saldivar Health Center
- East Dallas Health Center
- Los Barrios Unidos Health Center
- Oak West Health Center
- Pediatric Primary Care Center