International Medical Graduates
We gladly accept applications from highly qualified International Medical Graduates.
- All applicants must be ECFMG certified prior to the match
- Applicants must have passed Steps 1 and 2 (Clinical Knowledge and Clinical Skills)
- Post-graduate clinical experience is necessary. This needs to include at least one month on an in-patient service (either pediatrics or internal medicine) in a major teaching hospital in the United States, Canada or Western Europe and should be in a role with direct patient responsibility
- Letters of recommendation must include a letter from a supervising faculty physician from this rotation
- Time spent on observerships is not satisfactory to fulfill this requirement
UT Southwestern Medical Center sponsors J-1 visas, not H-1 visas