When applying to the UT Southwestern Medical Center Pediatric Residency Training Program, there are key requirements to keep in consideration.
We only accept applications via Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). Please do not mail, e-mail or fax any applications. They will be returned to you and you will be asked to apply through ERAS.
The main requirements when applying are:
- 3 letters of recommendations
- Letters from Pediatric, Internal Medicine, or Family Physicians are preferred
- It is also suggested to obtain a letter of recommendation from your Pediatric Department Chairman
- Medical School Transcript
- Personal Statement
- Dean’s Letter or MSPE
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step I scores
- COMLEX scores for graduates of Osteopathic Medical schools
Successful scores on both components of USLME Step II (or COMLEX Step II) are necessary before entering residency training but are not necessary to apply or to interview