Minimally Invasive Surgery
Leading care with pediatric minimally invasive surgery
Children’s Medical Center is ranked among the top pediatric hospitals in the nation and is home to one of the most distinguished surgical centers in the nation. Performing more than 20,000 surgeries annually, the surgical team at Children’s is a leader in pediatric minimally invasive procedures including laproscopic and robotic surgical repair.Read More
The surgical specialists who perform minimally invasive surgery at Children’s recognize the greater need for accuracy required for pediatric patients. And while surgery has always been invasive because it involves cutting someone’s body open, minimally invasive surgery provides a surgeon greater precision in the smallest of areas, requires smaller incisions and is cosmetically more appealing for patients because scarring is minimal. This knowledge, coupled with our surgeons’ highly specialized training in minimally invasive surgical repair, will offer your child the best and most advanced surgical care available. View common diagnoses and procedures performed with minimally invasive surgery.
Benefits of minimally invasive surgery at Children’s include:
- Because the surgeon operates through small incisions, the patient will have considerably smaller scars characteristic in traditional surgery.
- The risk of wound complications is decreased with the smaller incisions used in MIS.
- Smaller incisions are typically less painful resulting in a shorter hospital stay and faster recovery times than those for traditional surgery.
- Rapid return to normal activity.
- The surgeons at Children’s are among a few specialists in the world specifically trained to provide robotic surgical repairs for a number of pediatric conditions.