Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (UTSW) is a top ranked, multifaceted academic institution nationally recognized for its excellence in educating physicians, biomedical scientists, and other health-care professionals. The Heart Center at the affiliated nonprofit hospital, Children’s Medical Center Dallas, offers a comprehensive program of specialized care for children with congenital and acquired heart diseases.
Our program meets all the requirements of the American Board of Pediatrics for subspecialty training in cardiology and is approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
Application Requirements Checklist:
We accept applications until February 15, 2013, through the ERAS system. (Please submit all
documents through ERAS).
- Online application through ERAS
- Recent photograph
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation (maximum of four letters).
- Dean’s letter and evaluation
- Medical school transcript
- Copies of USMLE scores or COMLEX scores. If step 3 not taken please indicate date exam is to be taken
- In Training examination scores (email to Program Coordinator)
- Copy of Immigration visa (if applicable)
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate (if applicable)
To be considered, applicants must have completed a fully accredited pediatric residency training in North America by the beginning of the fellowship. Fellowship applicants must be board certified in pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) or must be eligible to take the ABP general pediatric examination during the first year of fellowship training. In addition, graduates of foreign medical schools must possess a valid ECFMG certificate. We can accept applications from persons holding JI visas.