Expertise in all surgical areas
The staff at Children’s includes experts in all specialty areas of pediatric surgery. These areas and their leaders are introduced below.
Chief of Surgery:
Robert P. Foglia, M.D.
Key Physician Contacts:
Amy C. Brenski, M.D. - Otolarynology
H. Steve Byrd, M.D., F.A.C.S. - Plastic Surgery
Dev M. Desai, M.D., Ph.D. - Transplant
Joseph M. Forbess, M.D. - Cardiovascular & Thoraic Surgery
Alton G. McWhorter, D.D.S. - Dental
Steve Megison, M.D. - Trauma
Karl E. Rathjen, M.D. - Orthopeadics
Douglas P. Sinn, D.D.S. - Oral Surgery
Fred Sklar, M.D. - Neurosurgery
Warren T. Snodgrass, M.D. - Urology
David R. Weakley, Jr., M.D. - Ophthalmology
Sherri Bobo, (Children's at Legacy)
Denise Claussen, RN, MSN, CAN, BSN (Children's Dallas)
Patricia Crabb, RN, BS (Children's Pavillion Surgery Center Dallas)
Description of services:
- Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT)
- General Surgery
- Oral Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
Information for referral sources:
Children on managed care programs may require referral by their primary care physician. Direct physician referral is preferred.
For after hours or emergencies, call 214-456-7000 to request the on-call attending pediatric surgeon.
Why Children’s Medical Center?
- Each surgeon on the Children’s medical staff has completed specialty training in pediatric surgery.
- Surgeons who take trauma calls receive specialty ATLS training in caring for injured patients.
- The general surgeons on the medical staff at Children’s perform more than 3,000 operations annually and admit to the hospital more than 1,000 injured children under the age of 13.